[SOLVED] ARGB Fan is working but not lighting up?

Oct 28, 2020
I have an NZXT H510 case and an MSI B450 motherboard. All 3 of my fans are plugged into their SYS FAN pin, they all work perfectly fine but the RGB doesn't turn on. My Fan is CoolerMaster MF120mm. Please help I feel like giving up. All parts are new and purchased at least a week ago.

Oct 28, 2020
how are you plugging in the rgb cable with a cooler master rgb controller or direct into MB? if so are you using jrainbow port?
I'm not using a JRainbow port and as a matter of fact, I don't think I even have the port. I have plugged the controller into a PSU SATA cable that connects to the remote to toggle the colours for the fans.

curley81

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
check all plugs are in correctly and if its still the same it might be a faulty controller cant see any reason why it wouldnt be working otherwise tbh if it was faulty fan it would just be one that didnt work but all three points towards the controller,

might be stupid question but does your remote take a battery and is there one in it might have to switch it on from battery, sorry if thats a stupid question i use corasir icue not familiar with coolermaster rgb

Oct 28, 2020
check all plugs are in correctly and if its still the same it might be a faulty controller cant see any reason why it wouldnt be working otherwise tbh if it was faulty fan it would just be one that didnt work but all three points towards the controller,

might be stupid question but does your remote take a battery and is there one in it might have to switch it on from battery, sorry if thats a stupid question i use corasir icue not familiar with coolermaster rgb
The switch does not require a fan and there is no on/off button. The remote was working 3 days ago ( only on 1 fan ) when I had 2 fans on, but then I decided to add my 3rd fan to the front of the case so I switched the fans around. The remote has been interacting with magnets, but I don't think that it will do much.

curley81

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
ok some argb controllers require the fans in order meaning port 1 then 2 then 3 are they in order or are they randomly put in 4 or 5 or 6 again might be stupid question just trying to see if there is anything be overlooked before you have to send them back to supplier

Oct 28, 2020
ok some argb controllers require the fans in order meaning port 1 then 2 then 3 are they in order or are they randomly put in 4 or 5 or 6 again might be stupid question just trying to see if there is anything be overlooked before you have to send them back to supplier
I don't know if there are in order, but perhaps that seems to be the most logical thing I've heard so far. If they are, do you know how I would check?

Oct 28, 2020
they have to be in order for sequence light effects there should be labelled either on the controller itself or in the instructions
I just checked and they don't need to be in a specific order, but rather a specific cable sequence. I did as the manual told me, but the light didn't turn on. Maybe I can change the color from the software.

curley81

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
software would require connection to the MB in some way either a jrainbow port and mystic light or the controller itself to a USB header and cooler master app otherwise its the remote control you would use.

if you say 2 of the fans work but the 3rd does not then it maybe its just one faulty fan lights that is the problem and maybe try a new battery on the remote just incase the magnets did screw it up

curley81

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
possibly yes. but the fans will have 2 cables 1 is for 12v or 5v fan the other is for 5v argb if the 5v is broken on one of the fans then the fan will work but not the argb and there is a on/off button on the remote so if you turned it off then the remote battery broke from magnets which is unlikely but possible then all the lights would not work now https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/rgb-accessories/argb-led-controller/

Last edited:
Solution