[SOLVED] argb fans daisy chaining

marcel4761

Reputable
Dec 9, 2017
How manny of these argb fans can i daisy chain from one argb mobo header?
(i want to buy 5 of them)
Fans: Arctic P12 PWM PST A-RGB 0dB
Mobo: Asus rog strix b450f gaming II

Solution
Mobo manual says its single ARGB header can supply 5 VDC power to 3.0 A max current, and up to 60 LED's. Fan website's downloadable Spec Sheet says each fan's lights consume 5 VDC power at up to 0.4 A. So five of those come to 2.0 A max total load, no problem. Specs also say each fan contains 12 LED's, so five means 60 LED's. Also OK.
It depends on how many amps the lighting on each fan pulls and what the ARGB header on the motherboard is specified to support. This can vary from fan to fan and board to board.

Find out what the amp pull is for each of those Arctic fans, and you may have to contact their support because I don't see the spec on their product page, or any specs for that matter.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Mobo manual says its single ARGB header can supply 5 VDC power to 3.0 A max current, and up to 60 LED's. Fan website's downloadable Spec Sheet says each fan's lights consume 5 VDC power at up to 0.4 A. So five of those come to 2.0 A max total load, no problem. Specs also say each fan contains 12 LED's, so five means 60 LED's. Also OK.

Reactions: marcel4761
Solution

marcel4761

Reputable
Dec 9, 2017

Thank you!!