Question ARGB fans without ARGB motherboard header

May 21, 2019
I'm planning to buy this set of ARGB fans (https://www.amazon.com/PCCOOLER-Corona-FGRB-120mm-Fan-Addressable/dp/B07Q7TCSS9/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=pccooler+120mm+fan&qid=1558048533&s=gateway&sr=8-4) but i'm not sure about the controller that comes with them, so i was looking for another option. My motherboard only has regular 4 pin RGB headers. It's a Asus ROG STRIX B450-f Gaming. I also want to try to control everything with Aura Sync.
I've taken a look at some controllers but they all connect to the mobo via 3 pin ARGB. Are there any that connect via usb and work with aura sync? Or some kind of converter?

cin19

Titan
From the customer review in same linker you posted, she/he said "good fans, has their own rgb controller, but doesn't work with the motherboard". If you want to use the asus aura sync, you need to look for something else.

If you wanted "Aura Addressable Strip Header(s)", you bought the wrong model motherboard. The Aura Addressable Strip Header(s) is found on better, more expensive motherboards such as the ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi).

May 12, 2019
I have that mobo, and I bought those fans. The reviews are good, but everyone is right, that motherboard does not directly support, you have to use the cheesy little controller. I think the fans I bought are DOA. The PWM works fine for speed control, but the RGB function doesn't work well at all. The leds flash erratically, and I only get 2 static colors, both with randomly strobing LEDs, and for some reason the controller freezes and stops working every time I try to change from rainbow seizure mode. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix that? I requested a return back to Amazon, but I'd like to get them to work.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS