Question ARGB fans without ARGB motherboard header

May 21, 2019
I'm planning to buy this set of ARGB fans (https://www.amazon.com/PCCOOLER-Cor...ler+120mm+fan&qid=1558048533&s=gateway&sr=8-4) but i'm not sure about the controller that comes with them, so i was looking for another option. My motherboard only has regular 4 pin RGB headers. It's a Asus ROG STRIX B450-f Gaming. I also want to try to control everything with Aura Sync.
I've taken a look at some controllers but they all connect to the mobo via 3 pin ARGB. Are there any that connect via usb and work with aura sync? Or some kind of converter?

Pilljockey

Prominent
May 12, 2019
I have that mobo, and I bought those fans. The reviews are good, but everyone is right, that motherboard does not directly support, you have to use the cheesy little controller. I think the fans I bought are DOA. The PWM works fine for speed control, but the RGB function doesn't work well at all. The leds flash erratically, and I only get 2 static colors, both with randomly strobing LEDs, and for some reason the controller freezes and stops working every time I try to change from rainbow seizure mode. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix that? I requested a return back to Amazon, but I'd like to get them to work.