[SOLVED] ARGB header not working?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2720853
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2720853

My case (be quiet! Pure Base 500DX) has a 5V ARGB connector that's supposed to light up the front of the case (and the inside of it). I connected it to my motherboard's (Z390 Aorus Pro) 5V ARGB header. The Voltage switch above the header is set correctly to 5V. The case required a 5V header.

However, it's not lighting up. No matter what I do, it won't work. RGB Fusion doesn't detect it (used an older version since 2.0 is crap according to everyone). The other 5V ARGB header for the CPU cooler (Thermaltake UX200) won't work either, and so my cooler is stuck in this rainbow RGB mode.

Help?

Solution
D
TO ANYONE ELSE WHO MIGHT STUMBLE UPON THIS THREAD WITH THE SAME PC CASE:

There is a SATA power cable protruding from the front panel, you have to connect that to one of your PSU's SATA connectors, only then will the LEDs work. Jesus, it's not even mentioned in the manual. Bad oversight from be quiet!.
D

Deleted member 2720853

Update, I made the cooler RGB work by using some weird adapter cable from the motherboard box. The case no need for such adapters. How do I get the case to work?

D

Deleted member 2720853

This is the weirdest thing. I plugged in the case RGB connector into the 5V 3-pin header again, and now my cooler refuses to have working RGB. I took it out, the RGB works again. I'm lost.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Okay so when I plug in the case RGB, the cooler RGB defaults to the rainbow pattern and looks washed out. When I plug out the case RGB, the cooler RGB returns to normal and can be controlled again.

Anyone know what's going on? Why am I not able to use both RGB headers?

D

Deleted member 2720853

TO ANYONE ELSE WHO MIGHT STUMBLE UPON THIS THREAD WITH THE SAME PC CASE:

There is a SATA power cable protruding from the front panel, you have to connect that to one of your PSU's SATA connectors, only then will the LEDs work. Jesus, it's not even mentioned in the manual. Bad oversight from be quiet!.

Reactions: VictoryAudio
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.