[SOLVED] ARGB lighting cases fans not working.

Ramiro.Giorgi

Commendable
Jul 26, 2021
Hey people so a few weeks ago i purchased two id coolings TF-12025 ARGB fans to put in my nzxt s340 case. I had to buy an argb splitter cable from cooler master to install them directly to the motherboard and when i installed them it worked fine, giving full argb lighting and spining correctly. The problem was that when i turned off the pc, the fans would run BUT with a green light and only in like half of both fans. I turn the pc off, unplugged and conected back on the fans and worked fine and then when i turned off the pc the same error ocurred. I thought it was maybe an error of the splitter cable so i desconected that from the motherboard and connected only one of the fans to the argb header directly and the same thing happened, first it lighted okay and when i turned off the pc only green lights and by half of the fan appeared. I thought maybe it was a thing of both fans so i contacted the seller to apply the warranty and they told me its strange that both fans are not lighting correctly so they told me it maybe something of the bnios and to check for an update. But i dont know men it feels weird i never had an issue with the motherboard (its an asus rog strix b460-H gaming motherboard by the way) but i entered the product page and i have the last bios update installed (update 1620) but the previous 1610 update says it fixes errors for aura sinc (the software to control argb lighting for asus) and i dont think i installed that. The question is, do you guys think thats maybe the problem? or it has nothing to do with it? and if i want to install that i should then installed the 1620 version update, or it wont be necesary? thx in advanced and if anyone has some help for this problem please help!

pic of the issue: https://ibb.co/4TtJ3CN

PC SPECS:
CPU: i5-10400 with stock cooler.
Motherboard: Rog Strix B460-H gaming.
GPU: amd radeon rx5600xt saphire pulse.
PSU: (not sure about the exact model, becouse i bought it like 5 years ago and still works fine) XFX 650w 80 plus bronce.
Ram (16gb): G.skill Ripjaws V Series (2x4gb) 2133MHZ DDR4 Cas 15 and kingston hyperx fury 2666MHZ DDR4 CAS 16 (1x8gb).
Case: NZXT S340 White.
Storage: 2 HDD western digital 500gb and 1tb.

Solution
i dont think i installed that. The question is, do you guys think thats maybe the problem?
You will need an app for the ARGB controller on your motherboard to communicate with the ARGB device in your build.

I'd still try and power down and disconnect the system from the wall and display and then remove the CMOS battery for 30 minutes. Without the CMOS battery in the board, press and hold down the power button on the case. Replace the battery, install Armoury Crate, then power down, reconnect one ARGB fan to the board and then powerup and see if the ARGB is fixed. Also, might want to share a link to the fans you're got and the splitter you purchased. A picture of how the fans and the splitter are tethered to the...

Lutfij

Titan
i dont think i installed that. The question is, do you guys think thats maybe the problem?
You will need an app for the ARGB controller on your motherboard to communicate with the ARGB device in your build.

I'd still try and power down and disconnect the system from the wall and display and then remove the CMOS battery for 30 minutes. Without the CMOS battery in the board, press and hold down the power button on the case. Replace the battery, install Armoury Crate, then power down, reconnect one ARGB fan to the board and then powerup and see if the ARGB is fixed. Also, might want to share a link to the fans you're got and the splitter you purchased. A picture of how the fans and the splitter are tethered to the motherboard will also help.

Ram (16gb): G.skill Ripjaws V Series (2x4gb) 2133MHZ DDR4 Cas 15 and kingston hyperx fury 2666MHZ DDR4 CAS 16 (1x8gb).
Please don't mix and match rams. Remove the single stick of Kingston ram from your build.

PSU: (not sure about the exact model, becouse i bought it like 5 years ago and still works fine) XFX 650w 80 plus bronce.
You might also want to consider a PSU replacement.

Solution

Ramiro.Giorgi

Commendable
Jul 26, 2021

I'd still try and power down and disconnect the system from the wall and display and then remove the CMOS battery for 30 minutes. Without the CMOS battery in the board, press and hold down the power button on the case. Replace the battery, install Armoury Crate, then power down, reconnect one ARGB fan to the board and then powerup and see if the ARGB is fixed. Also, might want to share a link to the fans you're got and the splitter you purchased. A picture of how the fans and the splitter are tethered to the motherboard will also help.

Please don't mix and match rams. Remove the single stick of Kingston ram from your build.

You might also want to consider a PSU replacement.

"You will need an app for the ARGB controller on your motherboard to communicate with the ARGB device in your build."
Yes i know, the problem is that i had installed armoury crate but it didnt recognised any argb lighting of my pc, so i tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but, idk why, the installation always fails. So i checked the internet for answers and it says that the app has really bad problems so i gave up on that and i tryed other apps but same thjing. anyway, even with no app the fans should light up, right? i mean, the app is only for controlling the lights if im correct.

"I'd still try and power down and disconnect the system from the wall and display and then remove the CMOS battery for 30 minutes. Without the CMOS battery in the board, press and hold down the power button on the case. Replace the battery, install Armoury Crate, then power down, reconnect one ARGB fan to the board and then powerup and see if the ARGB is fixed".
i dont understand, you are saying i should remove the battery press and hold the power button and with the pc on put a new battery? is that healthy to the motherboard? do you think that should fix the problem or the problem is i dont have the app? THX!!!

oh, here are the picture of both products:

fans: http://www.idcooling.com/Product/detail/id/242/name/TF-12025-ARGB
splitter cable: https://www.coolermaster.com/us/en-us/catalog/coolers/rgb-accessories/argb-1-to-3-splitter-cable/

Last edited: