Question aRGB question: How can I connect my new GPU (GALAX/KFA2 4090 SG OC) to my rgb system? (Z690 Aorus Master)

dexmon

Reputable
Feb 4, 2020
Hi there,

I got a Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB (which came with 3 RGB fans), a Galahad 360 Aio and the Lian Li RGB strip especially made for this case. They are all connected to the 2 argb headers on my Z690 AORUS Master.

My AIO is mounted at the front and the 3 fans' rgb cables are connected to the front panel, just like the RGB strip.
The front panel itself is connected to one aRGB header, so 1 is already occupied and I don’t wanna change anything on this header as it is also connected to my case to change lighting without software.

The 3 fans that came with the case are mounted to the top (2x) and back (1x) and their rgb cables are daisy chained.
I used a splitter cable that came with the AIO to daisy chain the AIO pumps rgb aswell. So they share the 2nd header.

Now I ordered a new GPU (GALAX/KFA2 4090 SG OC) which also comes with RGB lighting and an ARGB anti sag bracket (https://www.kfa2.com/support-stick-guide) and an optional 4th fan with rgb aswell,

What's the best way to connect my new GPU and brackets RGB to my mobo?
Sadly I couldn’t find any info on how much power the GPU, bracket and additional fan‘s RGB needs.

Would it be safe to daisy chain the GPU to my 2nd header, where the 3 case fans and AIO pump are connected?
Or should I get an aRGB hub, if so which?

According to the manual Gigabyte rates each argb header as 5A and a maximum number of 1000 LEDs.
''The headers can be used to connect a standard 5050 addressable LED strip, with maximum power rating of 5A (5V) and maximum number of 1000 LEDs.'' -manual
I hope someone can help me solve my issue.

And sorry for any mistake, english is not my 1st language.

I wish everyone a good day :)

You shouldn't need to "connect" to anything. Download and install the Xtreme tuner plus software and you should be able to control the graphics card's lighting from there. You can also TRY the Gigabyte RGB fusion software. I've found that some devices aside from the motherboard lighting headers or onboard lighting CAN be controlled via the RGB fusion application, and others can't.

Reactions: dexmon

dexmon

Reputable
Feb 4, 2020
You shouldn't need to "connect" to anything. Download and install the Xtreme tuner plus software and you should be able to control the graphics card's lighting from there. You can also TRY the Gigabyte RGB fusion software. I've found that some devices aside from the motherboard lighting headers or onboard lighting CAN be controlled via the RGB fusion application, and others can't.
Okay, I’m gonna try this once the GPU arrives!
Will the RGB of the bracket and 4th fan even work without connecting the gpu to the argb header on the mobo? I wasn’t sure if the bracket gets it’s power from the header or the gpu.

Thanks for your help.

dexmon

Reputable
Feb 4, 2020
Looks like that bracket has to be plugged into the graphics card AND the motherboard or 3rd party controller.
I just got the card and this splitter cable to connect it to the header together with my 3 fans and AIO cpu block.

On the 3 case fans it says that the LEDs are rated at 0.36A each.
I couldn't find any information about the pump lighting, so I'm generously assuming 1A. So a total of 2.08A usage.

Then there would be 2.92A left on the header for the GPU and the bracket.
That should be safe right?

And I am talking about this additional 4th fan that’s included.

(btw: these are the guides that are included in the gpu for the support bracket and the sync with mainboard & 4th fan)

Your board has multiple aRGB and RGB headers. There are two addressable RGB headers so you should be perfectly fine. I wouldn't recommend connecting EVERYTHING to one header if you can avoid it, but for just the graphics card and light bracket it should be fine. Other stuff like strips or case/radiator fans, I'd connect to the other aRGB header, just to play it safe.

For the rest, yes, seems they have good instructions provided and I'd just follow the instructions. They seem clear enough that I shouldn't really need to add anything to it.

Reactions: dexmon

dexmon

Reputable
Feb 4, 2020
Your board has multiple aRGB and RGB headers. There are two addressable RGB headers so you should be perfectly fine. I wouldn't recommend connecting EVERYTHING to one header if you can avoid it, but for just the graphics card and light bracket it should be fine.
Both 3pin headers are already in use.
One for the radiator fans (which have a higher LED amp rating) + a LED strip. This header is also connected to the front panel, to control the lighting per button.

And the other one for the case fans and pump, which should have less amp usage. That’s why I wanted to connect the gpu to this one

dexmon

Reputable
Feb 4, 2020
Right, so if you already have your other things connected to the other header, then for the graphics card and light bracket using the remaining aRGB header should be fine.
Thank you for your help.

I just finished installing everything, GPU and bracket connected to the 3 pin header together w/ the 3x fans and pump via the splitter.
It seems to work fine! :)