[SOLVED] ARGB with Splitters/hub 5 fans

Feb 10, 2020
MOBO ASUS TUF X570

I'm still in the planning phase of building the PC but I got everything picked out but im trying to figure out if I could put my motherboard or fans at risk by putting to much into the splitters.

I plan to connect CPU ARGB, 5 fans ARGB that are connected to a hub, and GPU Support ARGB to a ARGB splitter 3 to 1.

Questions 1. Does it matter that a hub with 5 ARGB fans in a hub connected to a splitter with 2 other ARGB products will affect the motherboard or anything.
Questions 2. I'm confused about the 5 fans I linked below. I'm confused on how the hub and the 5 fans get the power if its from the motherboard or from the PSU. And how its controlled by the motherboard for fan speeds. Will it all work in the end?

- Im not to experienced in computer building so I've been doing a lot of research on this to make sure I buy parts that will all connect properly without any problems of over doing it with splitters

Links below in what im going to buy
ARGB CPU AIO
ARGB Splitter
5 ARGB Fans w/ Hub
GPU Support ARGB

End Build

Solution
If you use the RGB fan, you need to know the fan has two connectors, one is for power which you can connect to the hub or to the MB fan_header. Other one is for the RGB light which you can connect into the aRGB connector. Next, you need to know the MB fan_header can only support up to 1.0 Amp, that means if you add too many fans into it, you will kill the fan_header or the MB. As same as the RGB header, fortunately the RGB header can support up to 3.0 Amp. So you have to check the fan specifications to see what power it will draw.

You can check the MB manual page 1-14 ( fan_head), and page 1-18 ( aRGB header). So whatever you connect the RGB device, just make sure don't over load the fan_header and the RGB header. This manual may be...
If you use the RGB fan, you need to know the fan has two connectors, one is for power which you can connect to the hub or to the MB fan_header. Other one is for the RGB light which you can connect into the aRGB connector. Next, you need to know the MB fan_header can only support up to 1.0 Amp, that means if you add too many fans into it, you will kill the fan_header or the MB. As same as the RGB header, fortunately the RGB header can support up to 3.0 Amp. So you have to check the fan specifications to see what power it will draw.

You can check the MB manual page 1-14 ( fan_head), and page 1-18 ( aRGB header). So whatever you connect the RGB device, just make sure don't over load the fan_header and the RGB header. This manual may be not for your MB, but you can find the same info in the right one.

Also don't mix up the aRGB (5V/D/G, 3pin) and the regular RGB (12V/G/R/B, 4pin) too.

Reactions: rex951
Solution
Feb 10, 2020

You can check the MB manual page 1-14 ( fan_head), and page 1-18 ( aRGB header). So whatever you connect the RGB device, just make sure don't over load the fan_header and the RGB header. This manual may be not for your MB, but you can find the same info in the right one.

Also don't mix up the aRGB (5V/D/G, 3pin) and the regular RGB (12V/G/R/B, 4pin) too.

Thank you so much. seems like the norm in motherboards for cha_fans are 1A and RGB / ARGB are 3A. Seems like the hub on the RGB fans im going to buy has me using the PSU and CHA_Fan at the same time. Kinda confusing. Guess I have to see when I get the product and see how many Amps its putting out.

TRENDING THREADS