Question ARGB won't completely sync - -- I've tried SignalRGB and L-Connect 3 ?

Nov 6, 2023
Hello potential helper! I'm new to RGB but I've spent some time messing with my setup. I have an issue I can't figure out. I'll post my goal and relevant specifications, then the problem. Then, I'll post what I've tried and what I'd thought about trying (after your input). Forgive me if this was already posted but I couldn't find anything close enough for me.

GOAL: An all-in-one, cross-brand RGB solution for all my devices. SignalRGB seems to be that but...

Software
  1. SignalRGB (Current)
  2. L-Connect 3 1.7.4 (Current)
Equipment
  1. 3x LianLi SL-Infinity 120mm fans (Daisy-chained via LianLi's proprietary connector) (Plugged into controller)
  2. LianLi's ARGB fan controller
  3. AsRock Z790 PG Riptide

Problem
First off, all fans are functional, as in, fans are spinning, its RPMs can be controlled, and RGB kicks on. I turn on L-Connect 3 and I can control my SL-Infinity fans. I turn on SignalRGB and notice fan 3's RGB disappears after a quick color change, almost like it tries to revert to rainbow (default) but says "no." The fan itself still works fine. I disable SignalRGB, finagle with L-Connect 3 a little bit, maybe restart the PC, and the RGB on fan 3 is back. I quit L-Connect 3 and fan 3 continues to work until I try to use SignalRGB (without LC3 running). So, at this point, I need LC3 and Signal open, and I must control RGB for the fans using LC3 and the rest with Signal.

What I've Tried
  1. Uninstalling SignalRGB and using only L-Connect 3.
    Problem is, the "MB Lighting Sync" doesn't actually sync anything. Not the GPU, M/B, or RAM.

2. Uninstalling L-Connect 3 and using only SignalRGB
    I run into the fan 3 RGB issue mentioned earlier.

3. Multiple software re-installs from the respective websites on 11.06.2023.

4. Uninstalled the controller from device manager's Universal Serial Bus devices.

Thoughts
Would a different controller independent from LC3 work as a viable workaround?
Would connecting the fans directly into the M/B correct this? I imagine I would need a splitter for PWM and ARGB.

If you need more information, please ask. Also, provide links to products if you recommend them (as I thought about in Thoughts). Thank you in advance for any help!

Update 1: Removed the controller and tried just the M/B's headers. Fan 3 (on two sets - got a second set today) goes dark. SignalRGB can manage them and change the color. No resolution.

Update 2: Made sure no program ran on start up. Completely shutdown and unplugged PSU. Starting the PC, no problem. Fans are in their default rainbow state. I start SignalRGB and boom, a fan's RGB is gone. Still spinning... No resolution.

Last edited:

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
The thing with SignalRGB is, that it is trying to achieve impossible - fluid RGB control between different brands.

For some part, it does work, but it isn't perfect. Also, cross-brand RGB sync is nigh-impossible. Each and every brand has different control commands/setup for their RGB hardware and to sync them all up seamlessly, is essentially impossible. E.g timing when LEDs light up - if that is different on hardware level, then no software can sync the timings into seamless, smooth flow.

As far as your options go, SignalRGB states that you have to use additional component setup with your Lian-Li SL120 Infinity fans.
Guide here: https://docs.signalrgb.com/gettingstarted/components

Does it actually work? I'm not so sure (reasons explained above).

All-in-all, when you want seamless RGB, get all the RGB from the same brand. This has best chances for seamless RGB sync.

Reactions: Hunter1895
Nov 6, 2023
The thing with SignalRGB is, that it is trying to achieve impossible - fluid RGB control between different brands.

For some part, it does work, but it isn't perfect. Also, cross-brand RGB sync is nigh-impossible. Each and every brand has different control commands/setup for their RGB hardware and to sync them all up seamlessly, is essentially impossible. E.g timing when LEDs light up - if that is different on hardware level, then no software can sync the timings into seamless, smooth flow.

As far as your options go, SignalRGB states that you have to use additional component setup with your Lian-Li SL120 Infinity fans.
Guide here: https://docs.signalrgb.com/gettingstarted/components

Does it actually work? I'm not so sure (reasons explained above).

All-in-all, when you want seamless RGB, get all the RGB from the same brand. This has best chances for seamless RGB sync.
That's so unfortunate v.v I love these Lian Li fans and their fancy infinity mirror. And I care more about performance so I got Teamgroup's RAM despite not being the nicest RGB.

I wish I knew about sticking with one brand before all this. Lesson learned! I guess I'll need to figure out if LConnect3's MB Lighting Sync can be used to somehow make it all work in an alternative method. If not, well, oh well. I'll just manually put a solid color together. I'll give the guide a look.

Thank you for your insight, Aeacus. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Aeacus