Aristotle de Laurent abilities

Card Text: "Sabbat: While Aristotle is ready, every Methusalah has +1
hand size. +1 stealth."

Now the question is, due to the way that card is written - does every
Methusalah gain +1 stealth in addition to the +1 hand size OR is it
just Aristotle that has +1 stealth (on every action).

Im pretty sure its the +1 hand size only, and stealth bonus for Aris.
but ya never know...

Deadthings@gmail.com wrote:
> Card Text: "Sabbat: While Aristotle is ready, every Methusalah has +1
> hand size. +1 stealth."
>
> Now the question is, due to the way that card is written - does every
> Methusalah gain +1 stealth in addition to the +1 hand size OR is it
> just Aristotle that has +1 stealth (on every action).
>
> Im pretty sure its the +1 hand size only, and stealth bonus for Aris.
> but ya never know...

The latter. Methuselah's can't have stealth.

(And, of course, a period seperates the two, which signifies the end of
the object "every Methuselah". Were it a comma, it would apply to every
Methuselah.)

--Colin McGuigan

Colin McGuigan a écrit :

> The latter. Methuselah's can't have stealth.

well... technically speaking, methuselah *are* vampire ;)

Colin McGuigan wrote:
> Deadthings@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Card Text: "Sabbat: While Aristotle is ready, every Methusalah has +1
>> hand size. +1 stealth."
>>
>> Now the question is, due to the way that card is written - does every
>> Methusalah gain +1 stealth in addition to the +1 hand size OR is it
>> just Aristotle that has +1 stealth (on every action).
>>
>> Im pretty sure its the +1 hand size only, and stealth bonus for Aris.
>> but ya never know...
>

> The latter. Methuselah's can't have stealth.

Correct.
Although the cards do sometimes use the minion for the Methuselah ("this
minion's untap phase", e.g). I can't think of any that do the opposite,
but that doesn't mean the concept is unthinkable. :).

> (And, of course, a period seperates the two, which signifies the end of
> the object "every Methuselah". Were it a comma, it would apply to every
> Methuselah.)

Were it to have been both, it would be "and", not a comma. :)

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

reyda wrote:

> Colin McGuigan a écrit :
>
>> The latter. Methuselah's can't have stealth.
>
> well... technically speaking, methuselah *are* vampire ;)

And, technically speaking, Methuselahs can't have stealth.

Colin didn't say they weren't vampires, just that the stealth
concept doesn't apply to them.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Thanks for the clarification - I ask because I play with people who
will argue a grammatical structure if they think it can give them some
advantage.

Case in point - a player quit (permanently) last night because after
his vampire committed diablery he immediately sent another vampire to
remove the flamethrower from that vampire - as the rest of us were
discussing the process for calling a blood hunt (its an automatic
referendum of course) BUT because we did not call it immediately and he
had "moved on to his next action" he claimed he got to keep the
flamethrower - even if his diablarist got burned.

(It only seems like I play VTES with 2 year olds).

LSJ a écrit :
> reyda wrote:
>
>> Colin McGuigan a écrit :
>>
>>> The latter. Methuselah's can't have stealth.
>>

>> well... technically speaking, methuselah *are* vampire ;)
>

> And, technically speaking, Methuselahs can't have stealth.
>
> Colin didn't say they weren't vampires, just that the stealth
> concept doesn't apply to them.

i'm suprised you answered seriously to some innocuous joke.

Deadthings@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks for the clarification - I ask because I play with people who
> will argue a grammatical structure if they think it can give them some
> advantage.
>
> Case in point - a player quit (permanently) last night because after
> his vampire committed diablery he immediately sent another vampire to
> remove the flamethrower from that vampire - as the rest of us were
> discussing the process for calling a blood hunt (its an automatic
> referendum of course) BUT because we did not call it immediately and he
> had "moved on to his next action" he claimed he got to keep the
> flamethrower - even if his diablarist got burned.

Well, sure he can keep it -- just not on any minion, since the
diablerist was burned and there's no mechanism for moving it
to another minion. :)

(Note: it really does go to the ash heap -- There are no "slap
jack" strategies in VTES).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

"LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
> Deadthings@gmail.com wrote:
>> Thanks for the clarification - I ask because I play with people who
>> will argue a grammatical structure if they think it can give them some
>> advantage.
>>
>> Case in point - a player quit (permanently) last night because after
>> his vampire committed diablery he immediately sent another vampire to
>> remove the flamethrower from that vampire - as the rest of us were
>> discussing the process for calling a blood hunt (its an automatic
>> referendum of course) BUT because we did not call it immediately and he
>> had "moved on to his next action" he claimed he got to keep the
>> flamethrower - even if his diablarist got burned.
>
> Well, sure he can keep it -- just not on any minion, since the
> diablerist was burned and there's no mechanism for moving it
> to another minion. :)
>
> (Note: it really does go to the ash heap -- There are no "slap
> jack" strategies in VTES).

Could he move it with the Heidleburg instead?

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 09:34:41 -0500, "XZealot"
<x_zealot@brucefoodsla.com> wrote:

>>> his vampire committed diablery he immediately sent another vampire to
>>> remove the flamethrower from that vampire - as the rest of us were
>>> discussing the process for calling a blood hunt (its an automatic
>>> referendum of course) BUT because we did not call it immediately and he
>>> had "moved on to his next action" he claimed he got to keep the
>>> flamethrower - even if his diablarist got burned.

>> Well, sure he can keep it -- just not on any minion, since the
>> diablerist was burned and there's no mechanism for moving it
>> to another minion. :)

>> (Note: it really does go to the ash heap -- There are no "slap
>> jack" strategies in VTES).

>Could he move it with the Heidleburg instead?

No.

The Blood Hunt takes place during the action. You cannot use
Heidleburg Castle during an action.

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com
Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.

"The Lasombra" <TheLasombra@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Well, sure he can keep it -- just not on any minion, since the
>>> diablerist was burned and there's no mechanism for moving it
>>> to another minion. :)
>
>>> (Note: it really does go to the ash heap -- There are no "slap
>>> jack" strategies in VTES).
>
>>Could he move it with the Heidleburg instead?
>
> No.
>
> The Blood Hunt takes place during the action. You cannot use
> Heidleburg Castle during an action.

That's what I thought. Good luck with your tournament. :)

--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr