'ARK: Survival Evolved' Will Feature A New Redwood Biome And Official Support For Popular Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

targetdrone

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2012
We were given notice of the biome update way back at the beginning of May. We were given a map of the affected areas and were told to vacate or risk having everything destroyed. We were given the eviction date of May 30th. Tons of people moved out, setup temporary bases with the plan of moving back into the new biome areas only have have this update delayed by more than 3 weeks.

The server I play on has been in a inactive holding pattern for over a month now because. :(

targetdrone

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2012
In addition, an undocumented yet intentional change to the food consumption rate resulted in the death of countless hard to tame dinos. With each patch this game becomes more and more a chore and less of an enjoyable hobby.

You could move away from the official servers to private servers. I ran my own private server for a few months but never got any traction other than my immediate friends so I eventually shut it down. I must admit, I had alot of fun with this game and seeing all the mod activity gets me all giddy again. I may have to fire up my server again and curtail some of the grinding aspect. Building and resource gathering were more enjoyable to me. Obtaining dinosaurs as beasts of burden was more appealing to me Vs for pets/breeding/warmongering.

targetdrone

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2012
There is nothing a private server admin can do about the limbo created by a biome update. It's going to happen when Wildcard feels like deploying it and until its deployed large portions of the map are basically unusable because if you build there it is likely things will get destroyed.

While a bit laughable, technically the game is still Early Access, isn't it? This sort of implies inconveniences like that.

A private server could have a more flexible update schedule giving its users a buffer between Official server patch roll-out and private server implementation of the patch. Still a limbo of sorts but how could you complain about new content being added to a game in Early Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.