Arkham Knight 970 Performance

cadefoster

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Hey all. It's no secret just how poorly optimized Arkham Knight is, but I think my fps should be better then it is. With the settings maxed at 1080p my fps drops constantly with the worse dips coming when driving and gliding around the city. I've seen it drop into the low 30s which just dosnt seem right. Disabling the gameworks effects helps a little but not much. According to afterburner, neither gpu or CPU is anywhere near 100% so I'm not sure what to try. thanks to anyone who can share some advice.

Win 7 64
Asus Strx 970
I7 870 3.5gz
12 gigs Ddr 3

king3pj

Distinguished
I am mostly able to hold 60 FPS with dips down to the low 50s in the Batmobile. I am doing this with all settings maxed except Nvidia interactive fog and Nvidia interactive debris turned off. Those two Nvidia Gameworks settings seemed to cause much bigger framerate drops than the other two Gameworks settings.

Arkham Knight still doesn't support SLI so I'm running the game off one 970 with the other 970 dedicated to Physx. I'm not sure since interactive fog and interactive debris are turned off but the dedicated Physx card might be giving me a slight advantage over you.

Here are my full specs for reference...
2 970s with SLI disabled and one card dedicated to Physx
i5-4690k at stock speeds
8GB RAM
Windows 10 and the game are installed on a SSD.