ARM Cortex-A32 To Succeed Cortex-A5 And Cortex-A7 In 32-Bit Wearables, IoT Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukemaster

Titan
With many entry level NAS devices using SOCs like these, they will also find homes in those devices. I wonder if the little 100mhz one can be used for an audio media player. It is pretty light on power.

IInuyasha74

Distinguished
With many entry level NAS devices using SOCs like these, they will also find homes in those devices. I wonder if the little 100mhz one can be used for an audio media player. It is pretty light on power.
I'd say it probably could. I believe my current 8 GB MP3 player I got around 2008 uses an older ARM CPU was clocked at 66 MHz, and that would be a significantly older architecture. Whatever additional audio components put inside would probably suck up more power at this point.

Nice article Lucian.

bit_user

Splendid
Herald
Although it’s made on the ARMv8-A architecture, Cortex-A32 is a 32-bit core chip.
I'm not looking forward to this. Android already supports two flavors of ARMv7-A. Bifurcating ARMv8-A is just annoying, but I guess it has improvements they wanted even for 32-bit processors.

We should expect to see the Coretex-A32 in ... mobile VR headsets
That would definitely surprise me. It's too weak for self-contained headsets, and it doesn't seem worth the trouble of putting it in tethered headsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS