News Arm Files for IPO on Nasdaq, Expects to Ship One Trillion Chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

bit_user

Titan
Ambassador
In the fiscal year ended on March 31, 2023, various chipmakers shipped 30 billion chips based on Arm's technology, marking a growth of 70% from 2016, reports Nikkei. To date, Arm's technology was used in 250 billion chips and according to SoftBank Group Chairman and CEO Masayoshi Son this figure is anticipated to eventually hit the one trillion mark.
I find it hard to believe they really mean "chips" and not "cores". Could it be due to a translation error? In the past, ARM has definitely talked about shipping "cores".

BTW, most reactions I've seen to their supposed $70B valuation is that it's overinflated by probably something like a factor of 2. They're just trying to cash in on the AI hype train, and I don't blame them for it.

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
I find it hard to believe they really mean "chips" and not "cores". Could it be due to a translation error? In the past, ARM has definitely talked about shipping "cores".

BTW, most reactions I've seen to their supposed $70B valuation is that it's overinflated by probably something like a factor of 2. They're just trying to cash in on the AI hype train, and I don't blame them for it.
$70B is crazy. Is there any benefit to overinflating ipo valuations? I do like the idea that all the industry heavyweights would own a peice or ARM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS