Armada M700 fan died

Ryan

My fan died on the Armada M700. I can't get it to start spinning again and
XP reboots every 20 minutes or so. I'm guessing it is doing this because
the laptop is getting too hot.

I have taken all the screws out of the casing that I can find but I still
can't take it apart to expose the motherboard. I have been trying to find
information on how to change the fan, even a service manual, but haven't
had any luck.

The fan looks like a pain to change since it is on the bottom of the
laptop.

anyone know where I can find a manual?

-ryan

In a rush this morning, but here is the general link for such things from
the Compaq FAQ published here weekly.

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/

KC

"Ryan" <rcdetert@at_nospamz.ucdavis.edu> wrote in message
> My fan died on the Armada M700. I can't get it to start spinning again and
> XP reboots every 20 minutes or so. I'm guessing it is doing this because
> the laptop is getting too hot.
>
> I have taken all the screws out of the casing that I can find but I still
> can't take it apart to expose the motherboard. I have been trying to find
> information on how to change the fan, even a service manual, but haven't
> had any luck.
>
> The fan looks like a pain to change since it is on the bottom of the
> laptop.
>
> anyone know where I can find a manual?
>
> -ryan

hh

There is a Maintenance & Service Guide on the website.The link is here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179111&taskId=101&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=96235

HH