Question Around $600 dollar to upgrade Cpu Mobo and ram

Feb 19, 2019
So i'm planning to do an upgrade

Approximate Purchase Date: asap

Budget Range: around 500/600 preferably, if it's worth to wait longer for more to spend I can do that

System Usage from Most to Least Important: mostly gaming, 3d modeling, video editing and planning to maybe do streaming

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: CPU, mobo, RAM

Do you need to buy OS: No.

Parts I already have: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550W (psu), Cooler master hyper tx3 (Cpu cooler), : Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-ALPHA - Midtower (case) , Kingston 500gb SSD and 1tb HDD, Inno3D GeForce GTX 1070 iChill X3 (GPU)

Parts Preferences: None really, I just want most bang out of my buck

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: my main : 1920x1080(144Hz) and second: 1920x1080(60Hz)

Additional Comments: it's mostly for gaming/streaming, I also do some video editing and 3d modeling for my study (graphic design)

Apr 12, 2019
So i'm planning to do an upgrade

Approximate Purchase Date: asap

Budget Range: around 500/600 preferably, if it's worth to wait longer for more to spend I can do that

System Usage from Most to Least Important: mostly gaming, 3d modeling, video editing and planning to maybe do streaming

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: CPU, mobo, RAM

Do you need to buy OS: No.

Parts I already have: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550W (psu), Cooler master hyper tx3 (Cpu cooler), : Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-ALPHA - Midtower (case) , Kingston 500gb SSD and 1tb HDD, Inno3D GeForce GTX 1070 iChill X3 (GPU)

Parts Preferences: None really, I just want most bang out of my buck

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: my main : 1920x1080(144Hz) and second: 1920x1080(60Hz)

Additional Comments: it's mostly for gaming/streaming, I also do some video editing and 3d modeling for my study (graphic design)

Now for the cpu I would say wait just a little less than 2 months because thats when amd's 3rd gen cpus are coming out which retailers are thinking that the ryzen 5 3600 will have 8 cores 16 threads and will cost about 220$ which is a steal thinking it can be overclocked to 5GHz

Ram I would say go with the
XPG Gammix D10 2x8 3000mhz if you cant afford other faster ram if you can tho then go with a
G.Skill 16GB (2 x 8GB) Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 3200MHz for 115$ but dont go faster than that because amd processors dont need faster basically they wont use that and you would be throwing money

Motherboard: for amd definitely go with an X470 Auros 140$ if you want that smooth rgb and those extra small specs and have the ability to pay more then the x470 aurous is your best choice it will support amd's 3rd gen processors BUT
I would recommend waiting a bit for the next gen motherboards to come out which shouldnt take much time in fact they should be out when the proessors are buyable just so you make sure you dont need a bnios upate

TOTAL: 505$ if we went with the more expensive ram and counted the cpu as 250$ as a worst worst case scenerio

Latest posts