ARP table has static entries on startup

Seth S

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
Hey all,

Every time that I start up one of about three computers at my company, they all must have their arp table deleted before connecting to the network, as static arp entries are defining the incorrect hardware address of the gateway etc. I believe this is due to a prior employee setting up batch files to do this for some reason, but I can't find any startup items or batch files that'd account for these static arp entries upon system startup.
My question is this: how would I best go about hunting down the culprit that is changing these entries upon system startup. It appears that only the wired connection is affected.

Seth S

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
Just checked the locations that you've referenced, and did not see anything unusual, just typical string values, such as AdobeBridge, Google Update, Synaptics etc.

I also did just find a resolution to the issue of arp tables being changed. I found it interesting that on wireless-capable devices, only the wired connection was being riddled with static arp entries. Simply changing the name of the Network Connections ( i.e. from 'Local Area Connection' changed to 'Wired Connection') seemed to prevent static arp entries from being added.