Arrow keys aren't working when running windows 10 installation media.

Aug 3, 2018
Yes, I have looked everywhere for this and haven't found anything about this. I have plugged my keyboard into a usb 2.0 port, I have even tried doing this from another computer and it doesn't work, I have reinstalled windows 10 installation media. I don't know what else I did but I am out of ideas. So, my problem is when I run windows 10 installation media, I can't move around and click next or move with arrow keys to click next. Unless there are any other ways of fixing this or installing windows 10, could someone please provide me with a way of doing it in command prompt. Yes, for some dumb reason, the keyboard only works in command prompt and pretty much anything else except for windows 10 installation media window. It worked when I tried closing windows 10 installation media with alt+F4 and asked me if I was sure, I used arrows and pressed enter. So, at this point, if no one has anything to help me here, I give up...

Aug 3, 2018

I have used 3 different keyboards. I'll try the tab thing.

Aug 3, 2018

The mouse doesn't work either. I don't know if I have the latest BIOS but like I said, I have tried on 2 different computers. It should still work without the latest BIOS. It worked the first time. Now it doesn't.

Colif

Win 11 Master
How old is the installer? So installer behaves same way on 2 different computers? Try creating a new installer?

I assume the installer itself is on USB so if PC didn't recognise USB you wouldn't be booting.

I haven't seen this before, i have seen USB devices stop working after install, but not during. Google is no help either as it thinks it knows what i want and its wrong.

there was a bug in an older version of win 10 but I don't think its in the latest installer - https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-bug-microsoft-fixes-issue-that-broke-usb-built-in-cameras-keyboards/

Aug 3, 2018

Holy <mod edit language> did you read my entire thread m8. If not, please do. "..., I have reinstalled windows 10 installation media. ..."

TRENDING THREADS