News Arrow Lake CPU up to 18% faster than Core i9-14900K at 250W — Ryzen 9 9950X still faster, and no word on if your Intel CPU will fail sometime in th...

In Geekbench, the Arrow Lake chip pulls away from the Core i9-14900K, 9% faster in the single-core benchmark...
I am almost certain the above is incorrect based on the scores shown above this message in the chart. The article needs to be revised to reflect reality of either a typo in the chart or incorrect math to show a 9% increase.

The single core geekbench scores don't add up. 2455 vs 2432 is a 23 point increase. That means the qualification chip only tested ~0.945% faster not 9% faster...

Considering these are early chips that means arrowlake is going to be very competitive with AMD 9000 in single threaded at least.

Last edited:
May 21, 2024
I would not trust new intel cpu tests when the chip is fresh, degradation appears in 14th gen which are not claimed to have oxidation issue and performance are impacted to keep stability. intel can sell their improvement as advertised on arrow lake chips 9 months later when they prove themselves there is no more significant degradation.

Reactions: thisisaname

bit_user

Titan
Ambassador
I would not trust new intel cpu tests when the chip is fresh, degradation appears in 14th gen which are not claimed to have oxidation issue and performance are impacted to keep stability. intel can sell their improvement as advertised on arrow lake chips 9 months later when they prove themselves there is no more significant degradation.
My hope is that they will have learned their lesson from this experience, and do a better job of characterizing & accommodating for degradation in future generations. Also, I think they'll be much stricter about making sure motherboard vendors color inside the lines.

However, I understand your concern and I probably wouldn't be first in line for an Arrow Lake, either. I'm not really the early adopter type, anyhow.

Last edited: