Arrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh

I have a laptop and a base connected via a Netgear router.

I have assigned the same workgroup name to each machine. The base includes
the laptop in "my network places" but the laptop does not include the base
in its in its list of workgroup and gives the message:

"Ournetwork" is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network source. Contact the administrator of this serve to find out if you
have access permissions.

The network path is not found.

How do I solve this frustrating dilemma?

Thanks

Gary

Weyhhhhhhhhhhhey

sorted

"Premiershirts" <premiershirts@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>I have a laptop and a base connected via a Netgear router.
>
> I have assigned the same workgroup name to each machine. The base includes
> the laptop in "my network places" but the laptop does not include the base
> in its in its list of workgroup and gives the message:
>
> "Ournetwork" is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
> network source. Contact the administrator of this serve to find out if you
> have access permissions.
>
> The network path is not found.
>
> How do I solve this frustrating dilemma?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gary

Mike

Splendid

you are trying to connect to a computer called 'ournetwork'
sounds like you are confusing workgroup names with computer names somewhere.

mike

"Premiershirts" <premiershirts@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I have a laptop and a base connected via a Netgear router.
>
> I have assigned the same workgroup name to each machine. The base includes
> the laptop in "my network places" but the laptop does not include the base
> in its in its list of workgroup and gives the message:
>
> "Ournetwork" is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
> network source. Contact the administrator of this serve to find out if you
> have access permissions.
>
> The network path is not found.
>
> How do I solve this frustrating dilemma?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gary

---

I had a similar problem recently and solved it (after much wasted time) with
a firmware update from the Netgear site. This update had to do with Centrino
processors, but you may have some other issue.