Art Workstation Build

Oct 3, 2018
Hey all!

Looking to build a computer for the long haul. I’m a complete beginner when it comes to custom PC builds and really don’t know what to look for when it comes to this stuff. I’m looking for something that will last me quite a while (7+ years) and that can run Photoshop, Zbrush and other 3D modelling software, eventually animation, and lastly gaming (specifically MOBAs). I don’t really know what part of the build I should focus on and what I shouldn’t worry about. Any help would appreciated!

look at the ryzen 2700x or thread ripper if your not going to game much. use a good 650w power supply like seasonic focus units. for the boot os look at a m2 ssd 512g gig in size and use a 3-4g sata drive as storage/scratch drive. use want min 16g of 3000 speed ram. if you can go with 32g of ram. as it a work pc add a hot swap bay and add a ssd for backup and use backup software or pick up a ethernet backup device. if you use acronic backup software then turn on cloud storage. if the two main backup fail you have onine storage as a backup.