Artic Silver 5

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:31:59 -0400, "Mark" <mschal@adelphia.net>
wrote:

>Is this stuff really worth buying?

Negga-No-No, - again !

BoroLad

mark

What do you recommend?
<borolad@myowseintheboro.org> wrote in message
news:es7vi097dqtvi24srtb1mdqrmm68usapr5@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:31:59 -0400, "Mark" <mschal@adelphia.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Is this stuff really worth buying?
>
> Negga-No-No, - again !
>
> BoroLad

norm

What is the problem with AC5? Is other AC types any better?

"Mark" <mschal@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Is this stuff really worth buying?
>
> --
> Mark
> MCSA, CNA, A+, Net+, iNet+, Server+

"Mark" <mschal@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Is this stuff really worth buying?

No

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Mark" <mschal@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Is this stuff really worth buying?

I found it actually helped by 1-2 degrees on my Barton, and by 2-3 degrees
on an older Palomino chip. This is comparing against the original factory
AMD thermal pad. Compared against my reapplying white thermal paste I don't
have data. I seem to remember some aussie's website where he did a test
using all kinds of thermal pastes as well as stuff like vegemite and
toothpaste. There wasn't a whole lot of difference.

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 02:57:03 +0000, Augustus wrote:

> "Mark" <mschal@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> Is this stuff really worth buying?
>>

> I found it actually helped by 1-2 degrees on my Barton, and by 2-3 degrees
> on an older Palomino chip. This is comparing against the original factory
> AMD thermal pad. Compared against my reapplying white thermal paste I don't
> have data. I seem to remember some aussie's website where he did a test
> using all kinds of thermal pastes as well as stuff like vegemite and
> toothpaste. There wasn't a whole lot of difference.

Any properly applied paste is better than a pad.

http://www.dansdata.com/goop.htm

> What do you recommend?

Ordinary white paste will do fine.... There is nothing 'wrong' with AS5 it
is just too expensive.

****Replace 'NOSPAM' with 'btinternet' in the reply address*****

"Mark" <mschal@adelphia.net> astounded us with: news:6L2dnS6ahrsZB7LcRVn-
og@adelphia.com:

> Is this stuff really worth buying?

It is for the manufacturer... ;)

NO,but i bought it anyway :p, one tube will last me FOREVER :)

And even if its onlt 1,2,3 degress better thats enough for a cpu, well
for me anyway.

See ya.

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 04:18:52 GMT, Wes Newell
<w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:31:59 -0400, Mark wrote:
>
>> Is this stuff really worth buying?
>
>No.

HELLO NURSE.

No

"Mark" <mschal@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Is this stuff really worth buying?
>
> --
> Mark
> MCSA, CNA, A+, Net+, iNet+, Server+

minotaur

Mark wrote:

> Is this stuff really worth buying?

Yes , unless you live in a trailer park then it might be a little too
costly.

The Rat Shack white paste does have long term problems. After years of use the
paste dries out to a flaky powder and is useless as a TIM. This is one area
where Arctic Silver shines, it doesn't break down after long term use.

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:40:35 +0000, Wblane wrote:

> The Rat Shack white paste does have long term problems. After years of use the
> paste dries out to a flaky powder and is useless as a TIM. This is one area
> where Arctic Silver shines, it doesn't break down after long term use.

But the system will be obsolete long before the paste dries out. Seems
like a waste to use a product that may last 10 years when the system is
likely to be scrapped after 3-5 years.

The Rat-shack white paste dried out after two years, not 10. Another factor to
consider is thermal pump-out, something Arctic Silver was expressly designed
not to do.

>But the system will be obsolete long before the paste dries out. Seems
>like a waste to use a product that may last 10 years when the system is
>likely to be scrapped after 3-5 years.
>
>--
>Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)
>http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm

You are talking about Computers, everything we buy for it has a value
next day of 1 cent :).

So it does not matter realy we screw ourselves by buying pcs.

Oh well.

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 06:09:40 GMT, Wes Newell

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:30:25 +0000, Wblane wrote:

> The Rat-shack white paste dried out after two years, not 10. Another factor to
> consider is thermal pump-out, something Arctic Silver was expressly designed
> not to do.

The only way it would dry out in 2 yeqars would be from daily turning it
on and off Or more than that. this will cause a lot k\more problems than
any paste ever would. left on most of the time it should last at least
5 years, unless the rat shack paste is really bad stuff. Don't recall ever
using theirs.