Artifact Lands Rule Change

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

Is it true that they have changed the rules on how many artifact lands of
the same type you can have in a deck? I heard that you are only allowed to
have one of each type in your deck? Can someone verrify.

DEBRA LAPIERRE wrote:

> Is it true that they have changed the rules on how many artifact lands of
> the same type you can have in a deck? I heard that you are only allowed
> have one of each type in your deck? Can someone verrify.

Um, starting March 20, artifact lands are *banned* in Standard, along with
Arcbound Ravager and Disciple of the Vault (joining what had been the only
banned card, Skullclamp). In any other format (or if you don't play by
tournament formats) it's four to a deck just like anything else that's not a
basic land (and isn't Relentless Rats).

--
Christopher Mattern

"Which one you figure tracked us?"
"The ugly one, sir."
"...Could you be more specific?"

DEBRA LAPIERRE <adamlapierre@verizon.net> wrote:
>Is it true that they have changed the rules on how many artifact lands of
>the same type you can have in a deck?

The rules? No. The rules still say that they are not basic lands, so the only
limit the rulebook puts on them is at most four of each.

The _tournament types_, though, have gotten their Banned and Restricted lists
updated recently; this is separate from the rulebook, and has to do with how
many of a given card can be in a deck (Banned = 0, Restricted = 1) for certain
cards in certain kinds of DCI-sanctioned tournament. (And, in practice, many
people who are playing among themselves, not in a tournament, use the Type I
[Standard] limitations.)

>I heard that you are only allowed to
>have one of each type in your deck? Can someone verrify.

No, this is not true.

If you are playing in a Standard tournament, from this Sunday on, the five
artifact lands from Mirrodin and the one from Darksteel are _banned_, not
restricted; you can have NONE of them in your deck. Not "one"; none. Arcbound
Ravager and Disciple of the Vault also got Banned. The change will be effective
this Sunday, March 20th, and will effectively take a deck type called
"Affinity" entirely out of the format.

The artifact lands are not banned in any other format, nor are they
restricted in any format.

Dave

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

To summon a deamon called DEBRA LAPIERRE you must know the following
incantation:

> Is it true that they have changed the rules on how many artifact lands of
> the same type you can have in a deck? I heard that you are only allowed to
> have one of each type in your deck? Can someone verrify.

ok, i verify it:
the artifact lands are now banned in standard (type 2) - it means that
you can't play them in sanctioned tournaments...

watman
--
Mateusz "Watman" Wata | http://poggadali.blox.pl
How to contact me: http://republika.pl/watman/kontakt.html

Mateusz "Watman" Wata wrote:

> To summon a deamon called DEBRA LAPIERRE you must know the following
> incantation:
>
>> Is it true that they have changed the rules on how many artifact lands of
>> the same type you can have in a deck? I heard that you are only allowed
>> have one of each type in your deck? Can someone verrify.
>
> ok, i verify it:
> the artifact lands are now banned in standard (type 2)

Not yet. Not until the 20th.

> - it means that
> you can't play them in sanctioned tournaments...

Well, it means you can't play them in sanctioned Standard tournaments.
They're perfectly legal in all the other formats.