[SOLVED] Artifacting and Crashing

Oct 19, 2018
Hi guys,

I have been having some issues with my year old PC, at random times (only while playing games). my display becomes covered in artifacting and my PC reboots. It's being doing this for a while, and the severity and time it takes to do it varies, but up until the crash the PC runs well.

The specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.00GHz

GPU: Nvidia 1050 Ti 4GB

RAM: 8GB

PSU: 450W

So far I have reinstalled the drivers and cleaned out the PC, the temperatures look relatively normal. The PC isn't overclocked either. I have no idea what the issue could be.

Solution
remove gpu fom system and use onboard to game at low settings first and if system does not crash raise game settings to mid then high and if it crash i would check psu .

General_Cool

Distinguished
Is there a possibility that the graphics card overheated and melted a bit, resulting in the artifacting? Or do you accidentally have a high overclock on the GPU set? You can check via MSI Afterburner for any overclock and temps.

Oct 19, 2018
Thanks for the reply,
That definitely is a possibility, I can't see any obvious damage on it though, as for the overclock I've just checked it and nothings been done to it, thanks for the suggestions though.

Oct 19, 2018

Good idea, I'll give that a go.

TRENDING THREADS