Question Artifacting and glitching ?

Jan 2, 2023
So far I tried :
Window Install CLEAN (it already start happening as soon as i load up some webpages)
Two different GPU (1080/3070)
DDU on the drivers (Tried a super old driver already, currently on the newest)
2 Different monitors
2 Different monitor cables
Changing monitor hertz (120 / 144)
Switch / Moved ram (Diff slots)

At this point, is it a hardware issue? or a program/driver issue? This pc is still new, only been a year, it started acting up like few months ago.

Another problem I have is some sound issues but only for one game, elden ring. When I load it up, I hear robot noises then it goes silents… only that game, every game I can hear sound. I reinstall sound drivers and it is still the same problem.

My pc specs are

Mobo-Asus tuf gaming x570 wifi (AMD)
PSU- Corsair 750sf
Cpu- 5800x amd
Gpu- 3070 (new)

Graphic settings - 144hz DP

After all my testing, i dont think its the monitor / graphics card. What do you guys think?

Jan 2, 2023
Have you tried using one stick of ram at a time and see what it looks like. That way you can eliminate your memory as a problem? Also placing the gpu in your second pcie slot?
Yeah i tried one stick and different ram slots no go. Yups yesterday i tried two different gpus and put it in the second slot. Still didnt work... :(

Jan 2, 2023
I would try checking for bios update. If there is a bios update and it doesn't change anything (along with drivinfast recommendation to reseat cpu)you would have to bring it to a computer shop for them to check it over. How long have you owned it? Can you RMA it for a new board?
I just updated my bios yesterday. I think it may have changed some stuff in it and i dont know how to change it back. My board is asus 570x pro wifi. Because after i updated it bios, a screen came up and said something about my ram so i change them to 3600z. The rest i never touch. I own this for about less than a year.

I just updated my bios yesterday. I think it may have changed some stuff in it and i dont know how to change it back. My board is asus 570x pro wifi. Because after i updated it bios, a screen came up and said something about my ram so i change them to 3600z. The rest i never touch. I own this for about less than a year.
When you update your bios it resets it to its default/original settings. So if you never changed any settings, other than your ram speed, it is ok. (When you go into bios screen is there any distortion? Also try uninstalling your gpu drivers and just use the vga drivers to look around. Does the problem still happen?)<---- Disregard, AMD cpu

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2023
When you update your bios it resets it to its default/original settings. So if you never changed any settings, other than your ram speed, it is ok. When you go into bios screen is there any distortion? Also try uninstalling your gpu drivers and just use the vga drivers to look around. Does the problem still happen?
Works perfectly fine in bios. When i had no drivers, in safe mode, there was a little glitch on the programs like very little. I think i come down to a CPU problem. When the temp is 50-70 glitches when i web, when its down to 37 (power saving mode) it does not happen as often. I cant do a cinebech test, crashes the app after few seconds. Must mean something is wrong with the CPU right.

Works perfectly fine in bios. When i had no drivers, in safe mode, there was a little glitch on the programs like very little. I think i come down to a CPU problem. When the temp is 50-70 glitches when i web, when its down to 37 (power saving mode) it does not happen as often. I cant do a cinebech test, crashes the app after few seconds. Must mean something is wrong with the CPU right.
Try re-seating the CPU.

Jan 2, 2023
Oh yeah, haha i gotchu drivin! thanks for reminder! I ordered new paste so im waiting for that then ill clean n reseat the cpu then new paste n hopefully that fixes the problem. If not, i guess i gotta do an rma with amd but idk how long that will take :(