[SOLVED] Artifacting on bootup

Jan 4, 2021
Hi,

I bought MSI Armor R9 380 (2GB version) from my friend, and I saw it working perfectly in his PC, however when we plug it into my machine it experiences intense artefacting during bootup and in BIOS, making any human unable to navigate BIOS, however once in OS it's without any mistakes. It ran at 95% for 2 hours while in-game and I didn't experience any artecfacts. I know card didn't mine at all. I tried restrarting shutting down machine, restarting machine, problem is consistantly there, intense artefacting on bootup and normal performance afterwards.

What I am wondering is if this is something that indicates damage on card, and if so, will it spread further?

Motherboard I have is Biostar A320MH, APU is Ryzen 5 2400G, 16 gigs (2x8) of no-name DDR4 RAM, one at 2000 other at 2600, 700W Zeus PSU (I know it's bad)

Updated BIOS in late 2018.
Updated all drivers a few days ago.
Card isn't overclocked at all.

Thanks in advance, folks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of the PSU at your friend's end? You're not going to get much out of that platform if you run it off of a badly built PSU that can and will cause your house to burn down(quite literally).

Just for the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard at the time of writing? You also have mismatched rams, so you're just trying to ruin your computing experience with a myriad of mistakes/problems.

Lutfij

Titan

What is the make and model of the PSU at your friend's end? You're not going to get much out of that platform if you run it off of a badly built PSU that can and will cause your house to burn down(quite literally).

Just for the sake of relevance, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard at the time of writing? You also have mismatched rams, so you're just trying to ruin your computing experience with a myriad of mistakes/problems.

Solution
Jan 4, 2021

I actually took my friend's PSU as well. So in his PC he had that same Zeus PSU and R9 380, we took them both in my PC, so it's not PSU since PSU was not problem when it was in his PC.

About different RAMs, how exactly will they ruin my computing experience? Google doesn't give an answer on that...

Solved problem by raging and replacing BIOS again.

Thanks fo reply :)