Artifacting suddenly.

claytonian

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2007
Hey guys, I bought an 8800gts 512mb about a year ago and suddenly now it has started to artifact in every game out of nowhere. I have cleaned drivers, reformatted my OS and changed my power supply with nothing helping. i had a 1gb stick of ram die about a month ago and now im down to one. I dont know if that had anything to do with it or not, but it's worth including. I have never oc'd it and it's practically brand new. Any suggestions would be great :D

My system:
q6600 stock
foxconn mobo
1gb ddr2 800
8800gts 512
corsair 400w ps

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Well...there might be a temperature problem, your might be starting to overheat if you maybe did something in your room and its blocking a its fans or something. Download the latest version of riva tuner or the Nvidia Performance Control Panel and check out its temperatures when its idle and when its under load. Post those temps here. Again, it MIGHT be the problem, just trying to troubleshoot.

claytonian

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2007
Under load in CSS it only gets to about 50C.... so I don't think its overheating :-\ Im going to try reseating it and such.. well see.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Seeing as how you have formatted I don't believe it to be a software problem. What company manufactured your graphics card, I've heard of cases where it's actually the bios on the card causing the artifacting. Have you had any HD problems lately? I had a problem a while back where in game my computer would have a tizzy, lagging, stuttering, artifacting, the whole works and it turns out there was a problem with my HD and I just ran the diagnostic software for it and all my problems were cleared right up. Yet another possibility is you RAM overheating and/or possible RAM damage. There I think that's enough for one post.