Artifacts and Crashing

Oct 29, 2018
Was playing black ops 4 a couple days ago, the blackout mode made the game crash couple times after the patch and my other friends also crashed on the game frequently too so I thought it would just be because the game was new and had some bugs and what not. After playing blackout as soon as my character died my entire computer just crashed and started artifacting on my screen during windows startup and had permanent box artifacts until I did a system restore which got rid of it during the startup.

But now random artifacts flash on my screen and may cause the computer to crash to a random solid color on the monitors sometimes and have to restart. Sometimes the the solid color goes away and artifacts appear but then everything goes back to normal. This happens outside of games and inside of games. I tried everything to reinstalling graphics drivers, updating bios, changing bios settings, reinstalling fresh version of windows. I even went all out and bought new parts for the computer thinking it was the motherboard since it was almost 5 years old and updated the ram and CPU along with it but still experiencing the same issues. I had no other issues before.

OS - Windows 10

GPU - XFX RX 580 8GB

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz

MOBO - MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen 1st 2nd Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 D-Sub DVI HDMI Micro-ATX

PSU - EVGA - 80 PLUS 600W ATX 12V/EPS 12V

Solution
Simply put, artifacting is 99.99% of the time always graphics card related.

Were you at any time before this issue occurred overclocking your GPU? If so, was it a simple clock speed increase or did you also overclock the memory as well?
Oct 29, 2018

I didn't overclock anything in the system.

Oct 29, 2018

I have an r7 260 that i'll try and let you know, thank you.

Oct 29, 2018

Seems like it must be the rx 580, currently having no issues with my old GPU