Artifacts and monitor going black/sleep while playing games.

Oct 22, 2018
In the last few months, I realized that my monitor puts itself into sleep (no black light, but led indicator still on) while playing some games, and then it starts flashing video image every few seconds. Also, this generally comes with little artifacts (horizontal black or green lines) just before it turns black/sleep.
My first thought was that my GPU could be dying, but that would be kinda unlikely because:

■ I bought this card less than a year ago.
    ■ It never overheated a lot, while I played games that required 100% use of the GPU, the temps never reached higher than 60°C(140°F), in most of the cases.
    ■ The problem happens only with certain games, not necessarily with the ones that use all the GPU, at certain moments (e.g. In the PUBG customization menu, loading a match in CS:GO, playing almost any Unity based game, etc.)

Could this be a problem with my Motherboard, specifically with the PCI-e port, or is it just the GPU dying? The motherboard that I own is kinda old and the temps I got from it sometimes are pretty high +60°C(140°F). The monitor is also pretty old, and it uses DVI-D.

Well, here are my specs:

CPU: FX-8320E@3.6GHz
Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO
Motherboard: M5A78L-M/USB3
RAM: 12GB(HyperX 8GB+ Kingston 4GB)
GPU: Gigabyte 1050TI 4GB Low Profile
PSU: EVGA 600 B1, 80+ BRONZE 600W
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster SA300