Question Artifacts and random crashes

Kellzzz

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015
Hi guys, so i have had a RX 580 for 8 months now, until i had to replace my monitor with a 22" 1080p monitor without an HDMI slot, and my gpu's DVI slot has never worked, and being in a 3rd world country warranty does nothing for me.

So my problem is i got a HDMI-Dvi cable, it worked fine for a few weeks, until one day i was playing Metro Exodus very well then i had a number of horizontal lines on my monitor, but when i reduced resolution to 1600x900 the lines disappeared, i could still play games. but today i tried launching games but i kept getting crashes and event viewer reported this, "display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered".

I assumed it was a driver issue and i used DDU to uninstall the drivers and reinstall an updated version, still same thing. then i tried to use my onboard intel graphics, the lines are even worse if i take screenshot they dont appear on the screenshots. could i have a dead GPU or the HDMI-DVI cable is busted?

Oh and just an addition if i try to run a benchmarking software like Unigine, the lines get worse and the application just crashes again with this in the event viewer "display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS