[SOLVED] Artifacts due to GPU?

May 30, 2020
I have suddenly started artifacting issues. I have an HP Omen, and they appear ONLY when playing games or in applications like bluestacks, while watching normal videos on browser etc is completely normal. Also, these artifacts do NOT show up on screenshots or on screen recording. I have had temps issue since the beginning, ranging from 60-85 degree when gaming. I had it serviced once, but now its not in warranty so i dont know what to do. My question is how do i determine if the Artifacts are due to GPU/CPU hardware dying or something else? i haven't changed any settings for the GPU, everything is stock.

Last edited:
Solution
Most artifacts are due to vram overheat, not gpu overheat. There's no sensor on ram chips, only in the processors themselves, so manually searching for cpu/gpu temps can be misleading.

Probably time to give the laptop a good blowing out as airflow is usually the issue.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Most artifacts are due to vram overheat, not gpu overheat. There's no sensor on ram chips, only in the processors themselves, so manually searching for cpu/gpu temps can be misleading.

Probably time to give the laptop a good blowing out as airflow is usually the issue.

Reactions: YPanda
Solution