[SOLVED] Artifacts -> Graphics card failure?

kumbula

Reputable
Dec 21, 2017
Hello.

My screen started to show tearing and artifacts. It was fine during playing an old game (Worms Armageddon), but after I quit to Windows 10 the artifacts appeared. I inspected the card and saw these:

Damaged components

I don't know what these are but they don't look good. It's like something leaked out of them, dried and cracked.

Does this mean I can say goodbye to my video card?

A few days ago I ran long 3DMark tests on it and there were no problems. I feel a bit sad about letting it go.

Solution
Is it metal corrosion? If yes, probably I would apply a lil bit rust converter on the damaged surface, as electronics sometimes work (despite not done it on video card, it worked for me a few times)
U can give it to someonе who understands from pc parts in ur vicinity, they may have a better option. Doing it my way may lead to worse dmg, especially if u cannot be precise, as u should apply the liquid with some soft tissue predominantly onto metal.
And yes, probably soon you wll have to throw away the card.
Meanwhile check out the humidity in your room, and consider adding extra fans to cool the next (or maybe this'll survive?) video card.
Is it metal corrosion? If yes, probably I would apply a lil bit rust converter on the damaged surface, as electronics sometimes work (despite not done it on video card, it worked for me a few times)
U can give it to someonе who understands from pc parts in ur vicinity, they may have a better option. Doing it my way may lead to worse dmg, especially if u cannot be precise, as u should apply the liquid with some soft tissue predominantly onto metal.
And yes, probably soon you wll have to throw away the card.
Meanwhile check out the humidity in your room, and consider adding extra fans to cool the next (or maybe this'll survive?) video card.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS