Question Artifacts?motherboard?

Oct 4, 2021
Hi, I m karim,
I would like to share with you a little experience of mine.

I bought a gaming laptop 6 years ago. It was an Asus Strix GL502VY, with 8Gb RAM and GTX 980M.
It was my first hight performance laptop and very excited to make use of it😏.

The thing was that after one year of usage and out of nowhere some ARTIFACTS appeared in the display while I was using it but didn't affect the performance. I told myself it can be something unimportant and that It can t be that serious.
So I continued using it and the alien forms in the display disappeared for a MOMENT.

Then suddenly, they decided to come back 😆.With more energy and enthusiasm. They started affecting performance and the laptop started crashing😇.

Then I started to take that more seriously and I was using it more carefully. But very lately.

After the 2d year of usage that laptop was already unusable with unexpected crashes and artifacts appearing from nowhere.

After that, I tried to uninstall the gfx GPU and keep using just the CPU and its associated GPU.No results

I also tried repairing it, so I took it to some technicians. But they couldn't do a thing because the problem was in the motherboard/GPU. which means a DEAD end!

Things I did that I suspect are responsible for that :

Downloading games from unofficial websites.
Downloading Mods for games like Skyrim( mean reason why I bought PC 😅)

Things I did that should t let that happen:

I didn't t play for long hours .Max 1h30 then took a break.
Wasn't always playing at high Res.
In the first year I was very busy studying so I only played in holidays.(how convenient!!)
In the second year, it was already a lost battle 😂.

It was an EXPENSIVE laptop for me. It was a present for my high school graduation since I was the first in my school😅. But You never know.

Very disappointed !

What do you think is the main cause? I would like to know your opinions

Are all those shiny gaming Laptops unreliable and short-lasting things or is it mainly my fault (even though I don t think it is)

Thanks for your time.
Have a good day.

What do you think is the main cause? I would like to know your opinions
Are all those shiny gaming Laptops unreliable and short-lasting things or is it mainly my fault (even though I don t think it is)
Overheating most likely.
If you keep attention to temperatures, then they last longer.

Did you do any maintenance on your laptop during all this time? Any dust cleaning?

Reactions: Karim_kaan