Question Artifacts on desktop ?

Nov 2, 2020
Can artifacts like this damage gpu?
I have rx580 it was undervolted when I saw artifacts, but in games and stress test there weren't any artifacts. Now I am using GPU at stock, hope I will not have this problem anymore.

Last edited:
The link does not work, it's private. Artifacts on the screen are a sign of a damaged video card or it running at speeds or heat it can't handle. If you don't see them now then the card is OK. "hope" you will not have this problem is correct, you will see what happens as you use it more.

Nov 2, 2020
The link does not work, it's private. Artifacts on the screen are a sign of a damaged video card or it running at speeds or heat it can't handle. If you don't see them now then the card is OK. "hope" you will not have this problem is correct, you will see what happens as you use it more.
I updated link. I think it is strange. when I play games don't have problems. I only saw artifacts 3 times all of them were on desktop and temperature and GPU speed on the desktop are normal. Do you think this problem is caused by undervolting? (I tested GPU after undervolting in games and benchmarks, but there weren't artifacts)