[SOLVED] artifacts only on bios

Aug 12, 2020
hi, i want to ask. i just bought used msi rx 460 2gb few days ago.

but when i try it in my old pc's (c2duo e8600, 6gb ram, asus p5g41tmlx) + hdmi to d-sub converter. the artifact appear only when entering bios.

but when i try it to play AAA games & furmark for 20 minutes. its works fine. (i'think)

is that means the gpu is started to broke,or its just my motherboard problem?

Solution
Any graphics card is supposed to be able to run in a low res mode without any drivers at all.
That is what you should be seeing.
I think I would return the rx460 as defective.
Hey there.,

Well, first off, Ill say well done on getting the RX460 to work with your G41 motherboard. They don't often work together!

Your system is quite old. It's possible it's the bios/mobo is failing or just getting so old, it's displaying artifacts. You could try replace the CMOS battery, and once you have done that, then update your BIOS, or re-install the current version. That might just help in this situation.

After that, it might be worth considering a new system.

But, with that said., if you don't have any issues while the system is running, and you can still play your games as expected, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Aug 12, 2020
Hey there.,

Well, first off, Ill say well done on getting the RX460 to work with your G41 motherboard. They don't often work together!

Your system is quite old. It's possible it's the bios/mobo is failing or just getting so old, it's displaying artifacts. You could try replace the CMOS battery, and once you have done that, then update your BIOS, or re-install the current version. That might just help in this situation.

After that, it might be worth considering a new system.

But, with that said., if you don't have any issues while the system is running, and you can still play your games as expected, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

but sometimes the monitor become simmilar like these