Question Artifacts only when turning the computer on

mat1995

Reputable
Sep 16, 2019
Hello
I´m having a strange issue
When turning on or restarting the computer , i get a flash of artifacts ( it is the same always) that is very fast and then it stops
It is like 1 frame , it is very fast
Playing games or using the PC this doesn´t happen at all
I have a galax 1060 6gb and the latest drivers
No OC
Is it normal or is there a problem?
I ran most of the benchmarks available ( heaven , occt , aida) and no issues ( bsods , freezes)
I´ve wanted to know if this is a problem or a glitch
I´m using windows 10
This doesn´t happen when going to bios instead of windows
Artifacts doesn´t appear anywhere else
It is similar to this
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueinuFDDyh0&ab_channel=DanielAlejandroCastrillonDeAbreu

Thank you

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
Hello
I´m having a strange issue
When turning on or restarting the computer , i get a flash of artifacts ( it is the same always) that is very fast and then it stops
It is like 1 frame , it is very fast
Playing games or using the PC this doesn´t happen at all
I have a galax 1060 6gb and the latest drivers
No OC
Is it normal or is there a problem?
I ran most of the benchmarks available ( heaven , occt , aida) and no issues ( bsods , freezes)
I´ve wanted to know if this is a problem or a glitch
I´m using windows 10
This doesn´t happen when going to bios instead of windows
Artifacts doesn´t appear anywhere else
It is similar to this
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueinuFDDyh0&ab_channel=DanielAlejandroCastrillonDeAbreu

Thank you
Are you using a converter for the monitor like hdmi to vga converter?

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
No adapters , just a dvi and a hdmi cable and the issue happens on both
native 60hz this issue will happen but 60hz interlaced or even at 59.940 hz this doesn´t happen
Is it possible for you to try this with another monitor?
Because if this only happens with this monitor then there is probably something wrong with the hardware of this particular monitor.
It would be a good trial if you try this monitor with another PC or laptop with similar refresh rate, that way the only possible suspect is the color profile of the monitor in Windows settings, or a particular setting you have setup for this monitor in your graphics card's driver settings.

Last edited:

mat1995

Reputable
Sep 16, 2019
Is it possible for you to try this with another monitor?
Because if this only happens with this monitor then there is probably something wrong with the hardware of this particular monitor.
I don´t have another monitor but i´ve tried it on my TV and it doesn´t happen at all
Even my TV at a native 60hz doesn´t show this behavior
Could it be my monitor really?
Thank you

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
I don´t have another monitor but i´ve tried it on my TV and it doesn´t happen at all
Even my TV at a native 60hz doesn´t show this behavior
Could it be my monitor really?
Thank you
It is possible , but it is also possible that this might be the effect of some settings you have set up for this particular monitor in your graphics card driver settings page, or the color profile for this monitor,

Is it possible for you to uninstall the graphics driver completely and reinstall it I mean with all the settings removed? Do you have the driver?

If that didn't solve it can you go to the device manager and in "Monitors' Section and find the monitor and right click on it and click "Uninstall Device" and if there is a tick for removing the deriver as well check that as well, and then restart the system see if that helps?

mat1995

Reputable
Sep 16, 2019
It is possible , but it is also possible that this might be the effect of some settings you have set up for this particular monitor in your graphics card driver settings page, or the color profile for this monitor,

Is it possible for you to uninstall the graphics driver completely and reinstall it I mean with all the settings removed? Do you have the driver?

If that didn't solve it can you go to the device manager and in "Monitors' Section and find the monitor and right click on it and click "Uninstall Device" and if there is a tick for removing the deriver as well check that as well, and then restart the system see if that helps?
I´ve completely formatted my PC and blocked windows update and then i´ve manually installed the latest drivers and the same issue persists
After the clean format , i didn´t tweak anything , everything is as default as possible
And the issue still persists
Thanks

mat1995

Reputable
Sep 16, 2019
bump , anyone please knows what could be it?
The issue doesn´t happen when using the monitor below 60hz native (using 60hz interlaced or lower frequencies like 59.940hz the issue doesn´t happen at all)
The issue also stops when enabling csm mode in bios ( both legacy and uefi support)
Is it my monitor or gpu?
Thank you!