[SOLVED] Artifacts when I touch my GPU

jkrm

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
Hello, recently my GPU is acting weird. When I move my GPU like in this video I've made

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao9TfHBOUYs

I keep getting artifacts in my screen.. and a lot of times my pc does not boot at all! It get stuck on GPU light in my mobo (green light, not red.. very weird)

Is my GPU dying? Besides that, it behaves normally when Im gaming (when the GPU wants to boot)

I already have disassembled the card and replaced the thermal paste, but it does not work either!

Fresh windows install

All drivers updated (bios, windows, gpu, chipset, etc etc)

RX580 8gb Strix
Ryzen 5 3600x + h100i v2
X370-F Strix
HyperX Fury 3000mhz cl15 16gb 2x8
Corsair CX550M
Deepcool Macube 310 white

Last edited:

jkrm

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
why the f**k would you do that while its on lol, at a guess its your MB
all started when i punched my table while gaming, then my screen was full of artifacts like in the video lol

i think it’s not my mobo, because i tested with a 1060 and worked fine and i already tested my rx580 on the other pcie slot and same results.. now my pc it’s not even booting.. i think my gpu is gone :( but how, its a 2-3 old gpu only playing csgo, not even overclocked.. bunch of airflow, my case is always without the side glass panel

jkrm

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
yeah i only did that so you guys can understand.. i’m not a freak haha

any chance to get it back working by putting in the oven? lol i think it’s confirmed dead.. can’t boot anymore :( i’m gonna test my gpu with another system tomorrow.. btw, 0/10, how bad is my english? lol

jkrm

Reputable
Jun 16, 2019
Not the oven. A hot air station might work, i brought back many mobo's with it. What is the temps on cpu and gpu?
pretty good.. cpu maxed out at 75c on furmak stress test, clocking 4.05ghz all cores.. and gpu maxed out at 78c also on furmak gpu stress test.. but I think the problem was on the psu pcie power cable, everytime i touch the cable my pc shuts down.. im 99% sure my gpu is dead now.. already tried removing the sleeved cable and put the original cable, but i think the problem is on gpu power connector.. sad..

my pc is now working with an older card i have here, should i try to change my bios version? with an older one? it's not gonna make any difference, right?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS