Question Artifacts when playing a youtube video fullscreen

juicebox1155

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
I've recently run into a problem with my setup after adding a Vizio G-405 tv to my PC setup. After booting up this morning, I started playing a video in full screen on my primary monitor. (LG 34UC79G-B) After about 3 seconds of the full screen video playing, my entire monitor turns grey and is pixelated. It also happens on my secondary monitor (ASUS VG248QE) but not on the TV. I thought it might be my GPU failing, so I plugged everything in to the secondary GPU and set it as the new primary. The problem still persists. As long as I leave the HDMI from the TV unplugged from the PC, I dont have an issue. When the TV is plugged in to the PC, the monitors artifact. I've updated my video drivers which seemed to fix it until I restarted the system. I tried reinstalling them within Nvidia but that didnt work either. I think it's unlikely that both GPUs are dying, but I'm not sure what else could be causing the problem.

I've attached a video of the issue.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKcJ5TWeoCg&feature=youtu.be

Specs:
i7 5820k
2x GTX 980ti SLI
16gb DDR4
Windows 10

Are you overclocking?

You might be seeing this issue only when using multimonitor because GPU core and memory speed is increased vs idle once more than one monitor is used. Try lowering your GPU clocks. What are your GPUs temps?

It could also be an SLI issue, I had broken colors in Crossfire on two displays after launching a 3D app.

juicebox1155

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable? A bad cable can do bad things.

I'll try ordering a new cable and seeing if that changes anything

Are you overclocking?

You might be seeing this issue only when using multimonitor because GPU core and memory speed is increased vs idle once more than one monitor is used. Try lowering your GPU clocks. What are your GPUs temps?

It could also be an SLI issue, I had broken colors in Crossfire on two displays after launching a 3D app.

I havent overclocked the cards at all, and they're both on a custom water loop with low idle temps. I'll try lowering the clocks just to see and report back!

glurg

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2012
I had the same issue as yourself with a similar setup.
2080 ti
windows 10
2 UW monitors and a TV

I think i solved it by disconnecting the TV through display settings. As soon as i did this i was able to watch youtube videos in fullscreen.