[SOLVED] Artifacts with new graphics card

rkeehn547

Prominent
Dec 7, 2019
Hello, I just got a new graphics card(1050 ti) upgrading from a 1030. Right away after changing the card I noticed that when I would load up a game there would sometimes be horizontal lines on the screen that would appear only for a split second. Sometimes when loading up a game the screen would go black for a few seconds. When I was playing gta 5 the other day, the screen just turned black and I had to restart my pc. I restarted the pc and it happened again when playing gta 5. I have never had any artifacts or crashes with my previous card. I know the graphics card drivers are up to date and I even reinstalled them to make sure. I also tried reseating the card in another pcie slot and made sure it was down all the way. That helped with the crashes but there are still artifacts that happen when playing. Is there any way that I can fix this? Thank you

Solution
1050 ti needs 300-350 on its own, did you DDU the old drivers?>

A 1050 Ti won't use anywhere near 300 watts, but the fact that it's an OEM system with a weaker PSU can easily cause issues. Drivers should not be an issue here since the 1030 and the 1050 use the same drivers.

Hello, I just got a new graphics card(1050 ti) upgrading from a 1030. Right away after changing the card I noticed that when I would load up a game there would sometimes be horizontal lines on the screen that would appear only for a split second. Sometimes when loading up a game the screen would go black for a few seconds. When I was playing gta 5 the other day, the screen just turned black and I had to restart my pc. I restarted the pc and it happened...

rkeehn547

Prominent
Dec 7, 2019
240 watts because the pc is low profile. The 1050 ti is also low profile and does not need any external power cords. I know it exceeds the power limit, but I have heard from so many sources that the card is compatible and that the pc can handle it. My pc is the HP elite 8300 sff.

Afro_ninja199

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
240 watts because the pc is low profile. The 1050 ti is also low profile and does not need any external power cords. I know it exceeds the power limit, but I have heard from so many sources that the card is compatible and that the pc can handle it. My pc is the HP elite 8300 sff.

A 1050 Ti won't use anywhere near 300 watts, but the fact that it's an OEM system with a weaker PSU can easily cause issues. Drivers should not be an issue here since the 1030 and the 1050 use the same drivers.

Hello, I just got a new graphics card(1050 ti) upgrading from a 1030. Right away after changing the card I noticed that when I would load up a game there would sometimes be horizontal lines on the screen that would appear only for a split second. Sometimes when loading up a game the screen would go black for a few seconds. When I was playing gta 5 the other day, the screen just turned black and I had to restart my pc. I restarted the pc and it happened again when playing gta 5. I have never had any artifacts or crashes with my previous card. I know the graphics card drivers are up to date and I even reinstalled them to make sure. I also tried reseating the card in another pcie slot and made sure it was down all the way. That helped with the crashes but there are still artifacts that happen when playing. Is there any way that I can fix this? Thank you

OP, check for a newer BIOS for the system see if that helps. If not I would say the issue is due to the OEM motherboard and power supply.

Solution