Arx Fatalis - Spoilers

strider

Howdy peoples,

This is a kind of Arx Fatalis sub group right?
I do remember erading quite a bit about it back a while ago. This game
must be pretty huge, 'cos I've only found one spell so far and I've
played a fair amount. I'm currently up to the bit where I've got to find
the Troll idol.

Don't solve it for me though please.

--
www.stri.tk

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will
fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

On Sun, 23 May 2004 07:35:36 GMT, Strider <email-address@signature.okies>
wrote:

>Howdy peoples,
>
>This is a kind of Arx Fatalis sub group right?

No.

This group is for Thief 1, Thief 1 Gold, Thief 2 and presumably Thief 3.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

strider

Michael Cecil proclaimed...

> No.
>
> This group is for Thief 1, Thief 1 Gold, Thief 2 and presumably Thief 3.

Well that's funny, 'cos the last time I was here I remember many
discussions on Arx.

--

On Sun, 23 May 2004 09:36:10 GMT, Strider <email-address@signature.okies>
wrote:

>Michael Cecil proclaimed...
>
>> No.
>>
>> This group is for Thief 1, Thief 1 Gold, Thief 2 and presumably Thief 3.
>
>Well that's funny, 'cos the last time I was here I remember many
>discussions on Arx.

I think you want comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

strider

Michael Cecil proclaimed...

> I think you want comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg

I'll try that too. Ta.

--

Michael Cecil wrote:

> On Sun, 23 May 2004 07:35:36 GMT, Strider <email-address@signature.okies>
> wrote:
>
> >Howdy peoples,
> >
> >This is a kind of Arx Fatalis sub group right?
>
> No.
>
> This group is for Thief 1, Thief 1 Gold, Thief 2 and presumably Thief 3.
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Ditto what Michael said. Occiaionly other games are mentioned, but there
are no sub groups in here.
Albert

loony

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2001

Try the Goblin Level. Seems someone there might not want the Trolls to
work.

"Strider" <email-address@signature.okies> wrote in message
> Howdy peoples,
>
> This is a kind of Arx Fatalis sub group right?
> I do remember erading quite a bit about it back a while ago. This game
> must be pretty huge, 'cos I've only found one spell so far and I've
> played a fair amount. I'm currently up to the bit where I've got to find
> the Troll idol.
>
> Don't solve it for me though please.
>
> --
> www.stri.tk
>
> "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will
> fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

loony

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2001

> Howdy peoples,

Howdy!

> This is a kind of Arx Fatalis sub group right?

Not really, though we've discussed it here in the past. No this group is
mostly full of people who enjoy talking about games that are fun and
innovative, like Thief. And a few people who consider this to be a
newsgroup soley about the Thief series based on the name, even though the
name clearly indicates this group is soley for just the first of the Thief
series.

So yeah, quite a few people don't mind you making an off topic post, however
it's helpful if you don't make lots of off topic posts and you put the ol'
"OT" in the subject line so the people with no interest in any other game
can avoid your post.

And before some of the few start flaming me again, I will never stop talking
about fun, innovative, stealthy games (of which Arx Fatalis is). If this is
wrong then maybe someday someone will ban me from this group and I'll have
learned my lesson, but if you don't have the power to ban me then you have
nothing to say. Put me on your ignore lists if you're not mature enough to
handle my posts.

> I do remember erading quite a bit about it back a while ago. This game
> must be pretty huge, 'cos I've only found one spell so far and I've
> played a fair amount. I'm currently up to the bit where I've got to find
> the Troll idol.

See my hint in the other post.

strider

Loony proclaimed...

> Try the Goblin Level. Seems someone there might not want the Trolls to
> work.

Thanks Loony, I've searched all over the Goblin level. I got the king to
leave his chamber but I can't unlock the chest and I don't know the
combination for that lock on the all.

I'm stumped!

--
www.stri.tk

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will
fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

strider

Loony proclaimed...

> So yeah, quite a few people don't mind you making an off topic post, however
> it's helpful if you don't make lots of off topic posts and you put the ol'
> "OT" in the subject line so the people with no interest in any other game
> can avoid your post.

Yeah, I should have known better and done that at least.

--
www.stri.tk

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will
fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

strider

Strider proclaimed...

> and I don't know the
> combination for that lock on the all.

Wall*

--
www.stri.tk

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will
fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

loony

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2001

> > and I don't know the
> > combination for that lock on the all.

That comes much later if at all. Don't worry about the safe.

You're looking for someone on the inside that might want the trolls to stop
working. Maybe to make the king look bad? Maybe someone who thinks they'd
make a better king?
If you're still stuck, there's a location hint below:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Check the Barracks for a clue. If you find the guy who thinks he'd be a
better king, search his room extra well.

I think you have to get permission from the king to investigate the stolen
idol before you can solve this puzzle but I can't remember for sure... it's
been a long while since I've played.

loony

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2001

> > So yeah, quite a few people don't mind you making an off topic post,
however
> > it's helpful if you don't make lots of off topic posts and you put the
ol'
> > "OT" in the subject line so the people with no interest in any other
game
> > can avoid your post.
>
> Yeah, I should have known better and done that at least.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Now you know should you need to go OT
again.

To be honest I can't believe the tension here. This used to be my fav
newsgroup because there was always interesting conversation about Thief, and
when the thief news started to get slow people would bring up other games,
so there was always loads of interesting news to read.

Granted that's not "the point" of this particular newsgroup, but I'd rather
see new and interesting things to read and discuss everyday than have this
group go cold because it's been what over 4 years since a thief game has
been released and there's only so much you can discuss of a 4 year old game.

Anyway, thanks for the post. I enjoyed thinking about Arx again :)
Loony

strider

Loony proclaimed...

> That comes much later if at all. Don't worry about the safe.

LOL, I've opened the safe and I've looted the gem room already :)

> You're looking for someone on the inside that might want the trolls to stop
> working.

Yeah I know who you mean :)

> Maybe to make the king look bad? Maybe someone who thinks they'd
> make a better king?
> If you're still stuck, there's a location hint below:
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> Check the Barracks for a clue. If you find the guy who thinks he'd be a
> better king, search his room extra well.

I did, and already found the small metal key, I just have no idea what
it's for. I tried the chest in the throne room and I tried the two
chests in the treasury but with no luck.

> I think you have to get permission from the king to investigate the stolen
> idol before you can solve this puzzle but I can't remember for sure... it's
> been a long while since I've played.

Well at the minute he's sitting on the toilet sh*tting himself grand
style and is just telling me to go away.

--
www.stri.tk

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will
fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

loony

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2001

> > Check the Barracks for a clue. If you find the guy who thinks he'd be a
> > better king, search his room extra well.
>
> I did, and already found the small metal key, I just have no idea what
> it's for. I tried the chest in the throne room and I tried the two
> chests in the treasury but with no luck.

In that case... ARMORY! :) Bring a weapon and be full of health ;)

strider

Loony proclaimed...

> In that case... ARMORY! :) Bring a weapon and be full of health ;)

Armoury, where is the armoury? :)

--
www.stri.tk

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will
fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

loony

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2001

When you first walk through the goblin gate, bang a right, it's the only
thing over there, can't miss it.

> Loony proclaimed...
>
> > In that case... ARMORY! :) Bring a weapon and be full of health ;)
>
> Armoury, where is the armoury? :)
>
> --
> www.stri.tk
>
> "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will
> fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

strider

Loony proclaimed...

> When you first walk through the goblin gate, bang a right, it's the only
> thing over there, can't miss it.

Are you sure?

I've tried the small metal key which I stole from Atok and it doesn't go
in. Help, this is getting frustrating!

http://stri.no-ip.com/temp/firstright.jpg

And inside, there is just the door, a guard a wooden table and chair.

http://stri.no-ip.com/temp/armoury.jpg

--
www.stri.tk

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will
fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

loony

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2001

Those jpg don't come up. See if this helps you at all:

http://arx.rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10062&game=arx&l1=Walkthrough&infoID=108

You're looking for the armory. There's a chest in there and a bunch of
shelves with gear on them. When you go into the goblin city after leaving
the troll caves you have to speak to a guard who opens the gate for you. As
soon as you walk through that gate on your right down a hall is a one of
those big Orc guards guarding a door. that's the armory. I'm going off my
memory here so I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure thats where it is.

Try the walk-through as I'm out of ideas. Sorry
Loony

> Loony proclaimed...
>
> > When you first walk through the goblin gate, bang a right, it's the only
> > thing over there, can't miss it.
>
> Are you sure?
>
> I've tried the small metal key which I stole from Atok and it doesn't go
> in. Help, this is getting frustrating!
>
> http://stri.no-ip.com/temp/firstright.jpg
>
> And inside, there is just the door, a guard a wooden table and chair.
>
> http://stri.no-ip.com/temp/armoury.jpg
>

> --
> www.stri.tk
>
> "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will
> fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

strider

Loony proclaimed...

> Try the walk-through as I'm out of ideas. Sorry
> Loony

Yeah, thanks Loony.