As a parent, how can I get a master control of all the PCs and Android devices in home.

vile83er

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Apologies ahead of time if this post should be under a different category. Please relocate if necessary.

I'm a parent of 3 children. They each have a computer running with dows 10 and each have a tablet or phone running Android.

I would like to have an application on my phone that is a master remote control over all of these things. For an example, if one of my kids does something wrong or is not getting off the PC when I say it's time I can pull up this app and see his computer with a bunch of functions I can pick like power off, kill the net, kill video output, etc.

We don't have a set schedule so timers and stuff don't really work and the kids are quite capable of changing admin passwords and stuff. So, I need like a remote kill switch.

Does anything like that exist?

Solution
As far as the network goes. Many routers have options to lock out a single device. I have a 5 year old Netgear router that I can kill access to a single device or shut off or throttle that device from an app on my phone. Your router may of may not have that capability. For everything else I'd be off to google myself.

Best of luck
As far as the network goes. Many routers have options to lock out a single device. I have a 5 year old Netgear router that I can kill access to a single device or shut off or throttle that device from an app on my phone. Your router may of may not have that capability. For everything else I'd be off to google myself.

Best of luck

Solution