Asetek Sues Cooler Master for Patent Infringement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesedgeuk2000

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
[citation][nom]amuffin[/nom]*sighs*Might as well sue Alphacool, XSPC, Swiftech, Koolance etc while you're at it.[/citation]

Why? they don't make AIO coolers that rip off Asetek's designs. (in case anyone is wondering who Asetek are they designed/make most of Corsairs AIO's and pretty much created/refined the product line).

Lutfij

Titan
I hear ya amuffin mate - if watercooling can be patented like Apple does I might as well hurl a brick at Asetek for their rubbish products.

* for all those reading - if a pump designed in a small chamber and the flow of water through it is worthy of a patent/law suit? Might sue all the other companies claiming to be watercooling products manufacturers.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]-Jackson[/nom]*sigh*This patent is almost as ridiculous as 95% of Apple's patents.[/citation]

my thoughts exatly how many ways can you build a closed circut liquid pump .. i'm pretty sure there arn't to many ways to go about it and it work worth a flip.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

I've been busy with TAFE :p
And about watercooling.. I could get started sooner (or later) in the year since I've accumulated most of my necessary hardware.. Except for a new case and power supply.
Did I mention I got 3 580s?

Edit: I hate this new forum layout :(
Emoticons are bleh, my badges have disappeared, along with my posts, and the look of the new forums don't go easy on my eyes.

Lutfij

Titan
I'm liking the new layout, true the forums ate all of my credentials and custom emoticons but the thread I have are yet available and they are acknowledging that I've been with them for 3 years :p :)

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

Where's my acknowledgement that I've been with them for 1 year. :( :lol:
I found the red/white easier to read.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012

It'd also be nice to have sigs back to where they used to be.
I hate change. I must be getting old.

[citation][nom]jamesedgeuk2000[/nom]Why? they don't make AIO coolers that rip off Asetek's designs. (in case anyone is wondering who Asetek are they designed/make most of Corsairs AIO's and pretty much created/refined the product line).[/citation]
Basically what Lutifj said, Asetek can go ahead and sue those guys while they're at it.

mynith

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
What the patent people need to understand is that it's not because it's a good idea that nobody else can think of it. Also, a cease and desist lawsuit and payment of attorney fees? That's quite an American thing to do, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.