Ask Camera Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

alber10to

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
Hey guys,

So I currently have a Canon 700D that i use to shoot stills/video. Ive been playing a sport called Ultimate Frisbee for 4 years now and i want to get into solely shooting frisbee photos. Now, action is FAST and sometimes distances are far. My 700D with a 18-55 currently isnt really cutting it due to its 5fps and low zoom, and before i spend big buck on getting a 70-200 lens, i wanted to hear some advice on the following:
1) is it worth selling the 700D and getting a higher fps camera and then buying a 70-200?
2) if it is worth changing the 700D, which do you reccon is a good option and with which lens? (budget to buy both lens and body would be around 1000 gbp, around 1200 usd, and id be looking at buying second hand or used items)
3) or is it worth just buying a 70-200 for the 700D?

Thanks to whoever replies in advance.
Alberto

Solution
An 18-55mm kit lens definitely isn't going to cut the mustard, but a 70-200mm f2.8 certainly would. For fast-moving objects, focus speed is more important than continuous shooting, and a good lens will give you that. Anticipating your shots and being one step ahead will help mitigate a lack of continuous shooting, as would shooting in JPEG rather than RAW.

Any photographer worth their salt will tell you that the lens should always take precedence over the body.
An 18-55mm kit lens definitely isn't going to cut the mustard, but a 70-200mm f2.8 certainly would. For fast-moving objects, focus speed is more important than continuous shooting, and a good lens will give you that. Anticipating your shots and being one step ahead will help mitigate a lack of continuous shooting, as would shooting in JPEG rather than RAW.

Any photographer worth their salt will tell you that the lens should always take precedence over the body.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.