Question [ask]Determine the right bios chip on the motherboard?

julian_mustofa

Reputable
Dec 14, 2018
Hy.. i need to find the right bios chip on my laptop..

How to determine the right bios chip?
My laptop is lenovo g40-45

And this is the picture..
I find one of chip (3rd pic) that the most very close to the shape of bios chip..
But i dont see the brand name like MX Etc on this chip..
This is the reason i ask here

So.. that is the correct bios?
2zjm9f6.jpg
2i1ggv9.jpg
14l1qpl.jpg

Azzyasi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
What exactly are you trying to do?
Bios chip is soldered to MB, and there are tricky stuff about bios-es (like separate memory ROM, or multiple ROM's for passwords that are encrypted and once removed you can't read them.)

Anyway, for someone who is into bios chip replacing and rewriting it is very clear what is the bios chip and any additional chips related to it.

julian_mustofa

Reputable
Dec 14, 2018
What exactly are you trying to do?
Bios chip is soldered to MB, and there are tricky stuff about bios-es (like separate memory ROM, or multiple ROM's for passwords that are encrypted and once removed you can't read them.)

Anyway, for someone who is into bios chip replacing and rewriting it is very clear what is the bios chip and any additional chips related to it.

I need reflash my bios, iam sure my bios was corrupted

My plan is read my bios chip using usb bios programer on another laptop.

It is not possible to fix my bios using that method??

Azzyasi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I'd say to pass to someone else this task if you don't have the tools and skills. Soldering on SMD/QFM packages is tricky and de-soldering is another story (hot air station with correct dual nozzle for that chip, lift tool, or quick-chip solder)

Anyway, search around the battery, google datasheets about each chip to see which can potentially be the bios. For example the ones in your pictures are quallcom ar1540
Bios chips for laptop look like these https://www.ebay.com/itm/BIOS-CHIP-...V580-V580c-V480c-B480-B580-Z360-/131450774230

julian_mustofa

Reputable
Dec 14, 2018
I'd say to pass to someone else this task if you don't have the tools and skills. Soldering on SMD/QFM packages is tricky and de-soldering is another story (hot air station with correct dual nozzle for that chip, lift tool, or quick-chip solder)

Anyway, search around the battery, google datasheets about each chip to see which can potentially be the bios. For example the ones in your pictures are quallcom ar1540
Bios chips for laptop look like these https://www.ebay.com/itm/BIOS-CHIP-...V580-V580c-V480c-B480-B580-Z360-/131450774230
Sorry late reply,
Its solved, thats a correct bios (in my third photos)
I found Bios brand name is GIGADEVICE (look at the G logo on that chip)

TRENDING THREADS