Ask Me Anything - Cooler Master Cosmos SE / HAF Stacker

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CM Nick

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013

Hi Spiritfly,

i tried some setups for you with the Cosmos SE and the Seidon 240M in push pull configuration. You can only create the Push Pull by installing the watercooling in the front of the case, for more info please check the manual on page 6 and 7.
Although there is not enough room in the top panel to create a Push Pull effect, the Pull effect that you can create in the top panel should be enough for a system

What you can do about the 1 bay you have left: You can check page 11 of the manual.
There you find a way to create an extra bay so you can still have 2 drive bays. This still creates a good amount of airflow in the case for cooling.

If you have any questions left, feel free to ask them!

spiritfly

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007

I've already put it on the top position in pull config and it seems fine by now. I've also ordered two slim fans 15mm thin which should fit exactly below the radiator for a push effect. So that part should be solved.

The single effective drive bay is my only concern for now. I could do what you suggested on page 11 of the manual, but I still want both the fans on front. Is there a way to move them a few centimeters lower so they both stay on front?

And one last thing I'm a bit concerned is the tight space for the cables. The space behind the motherboard is FULL of cables and I barely closed it pushing it very hard. But it seems that there is no other way to organize the cables if you want a tidy look with better airflow. Any suggestion on how to organize the cables better?

CM Nick

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013

Hi Spiritfly,

I will go and test if I can find a solution for the 2 front fans.
Could you send me pictures of your cable management so I can reproduce the amount of cables you use and see if I can find a solution?

Update on the 2 front fans.
This is what I did together with the Technical department.
This will fix the 2 fans in the front, but will block off the 2 bottom hdd bays. You could also remove the bottom hdd bays to increase the airflow even more if you are really into that and are not going to use it.
How I installed the fans, they are still stable, but if you'd like more stability, you can use the brackets
photo1
photo2

You could also try to use this bracket that is meant for the water cooling mounting in front. You can use it to support the bottom most fan but it will require some tweaking.
photo3

Hope this will help you. If not, please let me know!

spiritfly

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007

This is exactly what I wanted to accomplish and I wasn't sure if I could remove the top two sata racks alone. Now with this mod I think it is exactly what I wanted to do! Thank you so much for taking the time to test this and help me!

I've set the fans on the 240 radiator on top in the pull direction and it seems like they are doing a great job. For the push/pull setup, I've ordered two slim fans and they should fit exactly below the radiator for the push effect.

I will write a nice detailed review once everything is complete and post here some pics.

Thanks a lot Nick, good job on this!

CM Nick

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013

Hi Spiritfly,

Glad I could be of any help :)
Hope you will love the case from now on:) And I am looking forward to see the pictures and a link to the review of course.

If you need any help in the future, you know where to find me.

sagouras

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
Hi,
Im' going to buy the new coolermaster cosmos SE. I want to ask what graphic card dimensions can i put into without removing any brackets??

CM Nick

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013

Hi sagouras,

This information can be found on our website under the "Specs" section.
The maximum compatibility for GPU's are as following:
with HDD bracket: 276mm / 10.9 inch
without HDD bracket: 395mm / 15.5 inch

I you have any other question, feel free to ask!

CM Nick

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
Hi Christopher,

The only difference between the 2 is the color. The Stryker is white and the Trooper is black.

CM-Patrick

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
Hello Christopher Gonzalez,

A few other differences are that the Trooper comes with Red led fans vs White with the Stryker. The Trooper does not have the windowed side panel and the trooper comes with E-SATA port where the Stryker does not.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

yesdave

Reputable
Feb 23, 2014
Is this thread still being monitored by Cooler Master? If so, I have a few questions about the Cosmos SE. I am looking to buy it for a new computer build.

1. Are the included front LED fans connected to the motherboard fan controllers? And can their speed be controlled via the ASUS Fan Xpert software (assuming I have an ASUS motherboard)? Or do they just run at a constant speed?

2. What about the top and rear (non-LED) fans that come with the case? Can their speed be controlled via the ASUS software? Or do they run at a constant speed?

3. If I install a strip of LED lights in the case, can it also be connected to the on/off switch on the top of the case so that the switch turns off ALL the lights?

4. If I replace the front LED fans with upgraded LED fans, can the LEDs on the replacement fans be controlled with the on/off switch? Are they standard connectors or some sort of proprietary setup? Just wondering if the switch would be rendered useless if I made any modifications.

Thanks for any assistance,

David

CM Nick

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
Hi yesdave! Yes we are still monitoring this thread.

The 2 provided LED fans can be connected to the motherboard and can be controlled by software. Not sure if there will be differences with the type of software you use.

Also those fans can be controlled by software. However it can occur that on a certain level of wattage, the fans will stop. So you have to test that for yourself.

There are 2 connectors for the on/off function of the case. So then you have to make a decision in which you want to control. Or maybe put non-LED fans in the front and only LED strips throughout the complete case. (I heard of people splitting the 2 cables into more, but this is not recommended as we don't know how many it can take)

I provided a picture of the 2 connectors. What I can recommend (as I also did it myself) is to get some non-LED fans and use LED strips to light your case. This way you won't have the issue of deciding which fans to connect to the on-off switch.
(a link to the image if it is not working: image)
pcg9rrgfnqveltj74y8n

Any more questions, please let me know!

yesdave

Reputable
Feb 23, 2014
Nick,

Great, thank you for the information. That is very helpful!

By the way, what non-LED fans did you replace your front fans with? I'd like this to be as quiet as possible.My last computer sounded like a jet taking off.

David