Commendable
Nov 15, 2017
Here's my pc spec:
Gigabyte-H81M-S1
i7-4790
DDR3 16gb ram
GTX 1070
1TB HDD

currently, I'm using 500W PSU is it enough to run dual monitor using onboard GPU or should I just use Nvidia card?

if it's better to use the Nvidia card, what connector should I use? since my second monitor use VGA connector

Edit: The second monitor is only gonna be used for browser or work. Not for gaming

Solution
I am confused. Are you looking to add a 1070? Or is it in your PC already? If you are looking to add the 1070 to your system we need to know more about your "500W" PSU. There are 650W units I wouldn't let power a 1070, while there are 450W units I'd use without even questioning it. If the 1070 is already in your system and you don't understand why the VGA monitor isn't working, that's because AMD and Nvidia have removed all analog support from their modern cards. You need to get an active DVI, HDMI, or DP to VGA adapter. That will turn on the second monitor.

4745454b

Titan
I am confused. Are you looking to add a 1070? Or is it in your PC already? If you are looking to add the 1070 to your system we need to know more about your "500W" PSU. There are 650W units I wouldn't let power a 1070, while there are 450W units I'd use without even questioning it. If the 1070 is already in your system and you don't understand why the VGA monitor isn't working, that's because AMD and Nvidia have removed all analog support from their modern cards. You need to get an active DVI, HDMI, or DP to VGA adapter. That will turn on the second monitor.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS