Asking about graphic cards

Oct 1, 2018
Can other brands graphics cards fit into a dell i3-6100 desktop?
I heard that dells pc can only fit their own brands graphics card .
Thank You :)

inzane4all

Upstanding
Jun 20, 2018
That's not true at all. As long as the board has a PCIE slot, you should be able to fit any PCIE card on there. Now the question is if you'll have enough power coming from that cheap Dell Power Supply to efficiently run that GPU. That would definitely make a difference if you have a 350w stock Power Supply and trying to add a Titan (or something similar that will draw a lot of power).

Possibly Dell might not support or warrant any non DELL upgrade.

That does not mean that you can't do it.
Your graphics upgrade options will be limited by the psu installed and by the size of the case.

Can you provide a link to the exact pc you have?
Usually, the included psu will be in the 200-300w range making a GTX1050 about the strongest upgrade.
If your case is a small form factor, you will need a low profile card.

Different Dells have different issues with various graphics cards. Much depends on what size case you have and whether it's an Optiplex office computer, or a higher performance version. Many have no issues at all. Dell PSUs are quality parts. They're sized to power all the bays and slots and CPU the computer came with. If there were no powerful GPUs offered then there won't be a PCIe power cable.

Oct 1, 2018
thanks

Oct 1, 2018
https://goo.gl/images/MK29UF

Oct 1, 2018
Thanks

I would suggest the Zotac GTX1050 or 1050Ti Mini GPUs. They are the smallest available full height cards.
There are a couple things you should be prepared to do. Those cards have Legacy BIOS. You will need to turn off Secure Boot in BIOS, and maybe turn on Legacy Compatability Mode. Or get an ITX card that has native UEFI support. But figure out which way your card will run.
The other thing is to boot into Safe Mode (F8), create a System Restore point, and remove the GPU drivers for the onboard video.Your newGPU should boot into Safe Mode+ Internet with no drivers installed. Some drivers can only install in normal Windows mode. But the default Safe Mode resolution will still start up.

Oct 1, 2018
Can I have a lower suggestion like 950 or 960 ? Can it fit into my pc ??

GTX950 is about the same performance as a GTX1050.
But, GTX950 is an older card that needs a 6 pin power lead which you are unlikely to have.

Ditto on the GTX960 which is in the same performance level as the GTX1050ti. Not gonna work with your psu.

In the specific case of your computer you should be able to run any GTX1050 that isn't too long. Any single fan version should fit and a 75W card doesn't need 2 fans anyway.
The Zotac Mini is the smallest there is and sometimes the only one that will fit. But now that I know the model of your computer you should be able to run any of them and find a UEFI version to start with. Dell PSUs are very reliable parts and have excellent protection built in.

Oct 1, 2018
The purpose of me adding graphic card is because , i wanted to try to stream games , so if i change the graphic to 1050 , what brand of 1050 graphic card would you guys recommend and it can be fit into my pc ?
Thanks

I would shop by price at a known vendor like Newegg, or Partpicker. Any known brand will work about the same. There's no need for dual fans or heatpipe coolers at that level. If you wanted to overclock you'd be better off starting with a better GPU in the first place that has a power cable to support the overclock.