[SOLVED] Asmedia 106X SATA Controller Ver 0.90 AHCI Mode won't let me boot windows or even acces BIOS.

Mar 17, 2021
Asmedia 106X SATA Controller Ver 0.90 AHCI Mode.
Copyright (C) Asmedia Technologies,Inc. All rights reserved.
S.M.A.R.T Supported
Using PCIE Gen 2

And that's all after i'll turn on my pc.I tried so many things to fix it i can't even remember.I recently changed my MOBO with this old one because the port for the PCI or for the dedicated graphic card won't work and the pc won't detect my GPU.So here i am,i can't even acces the BIOS to change it at all,and all i can do is just watch this screen.

If anyone have any suggestions or had similar problems don't hesitate to leave it here,i really need some help and get this done.

GPU: GTX 750TI
CPU: AMD FX 6600 six core.
HDD 500GB (With pre-installed Windows and data)

Solution
I'll check my old stock for an MSI (they used to do this for there cards) but off the top of my head I don't think I have one.
Which card to you have?
Mar 17, 2021
Is this an add-in card? or built into the motherboard? If motherboard then which one do you have?
Sorry if i'll not understand some things,im not the most advanced person with pc s,but thanks for the reply.The add in card is the GPU? If that so,the external graphic card is GeForce GTX 750 ti.

The motherboard is an ASRock,i don't know how to check what model is,but there's 980DE3/U3S3 on it.I'm sorry if i can't tell you the exact specs,im pretty noobie.Hope this is what you asked for :) if you need more details i'll be here.

popatim

Titan
Connect a drive to one of the two grey Sata ports on the motherbd. Any drive will do, even a cd/dvd/ drive should be enough for it to "see' a drive and then continue booting up.
I would suggest you access the bios and disable the ASmedia sata ports unless you need them. In the Bios, go to the Advanced tab, arrow down to Storage Configuration & press enter, arrow down to the Onboard Sata Operation Mode press enter and then arrow down to Disabled & press enter. Then press F10 to Save and Exit and it shouldn't scan for drives on that controller* again.

*your motherboard has two Sata controller on it, one from the chipset runs the 6 black sata connectors and then the Asmedia one runs the two grey ones.

Reactions: Walliez
Mar 17, 2021
Connect a drive to one of the two grey Sata ports on the motherbd. Any drive will do, even a cd/dvd/ drive should be enough for it to "see' a drive and then continue booting up.
I would suggest you access the bios and disable the ASmedia sata ports unless you need them. In the Bios, go to the Advanced tab, arrow down to Storage Configuration & press enter, arrow down to the Onboard Sata Operation Mode press enter and then arrow down to Disabled & press enter. Then press F10 to Save and Exit and it shouldn't scan for drives on that controller* again.

*your motherboard has two Sata controller on it, one from the chipset runs the 6 black sata connectors and then the Asmedia one runs the two grey ones.

Thank you for the respons again man! Good idea about the CD Drive.I will try right now and see if will work but I just can't access my BIOS even if i spam the F2 Del or any key won't do absolutely nothing,evem if i don't spam it and press them when post.

BRB with the response!

Mar 17, 2021
I did it and now i get this.

S.M.A.R.T Supported
Using PCIE Gen 2
SATA PM 0 Port 0 xxxx (My HDD)
SATA PM 1 Port 0 xxxx (My CD Drive)

I still can't access my BIOS or anything,now it's just detecting the SATA ports and the devices,but the same problem of not booting or letting me selecting my boot drive or enter in BIOS.

Mar 17, 2021
I did it and now i get this.

S.M.A.R.T Supported
Using PCIE Gen 2
SATA PM 0 Port 0 xxxx (My HDD)
SATA PM 1 Port 0 xxxx (My CD Drive)

I still can't access my BIOS or anything,now it's just detecting the SATA ports and the devices,but the same problem of not booting or letting me selecting my boot drive or enter in BIOS.

I really hope this is progress in a way or another,thank you so much man!

Mar 17, 2021
If you don't have a ps/2 keybd then try connecting your keybd to the black USB ports next to the VGA port and see if you can get into the bios then

Jackpot! One of my friends gave me an older GPU just to test it in case the GTX750 was too advanced.I managed to disable that operation from the bios.But i still have my problem,the pc works but only with this very old gpu,when i try to run it with the GTX,it posts and then black screen.

Ideas?

Mar 17, 2021
Check with the vendor of the GTX and see if there is a firmware update for the card. Preferably one that works on Bios based boards instead of UEFI.
Apparently,it's none.I gave up,there's nothing i can do no more.Thanks for all of the help popatim,really appreciate it!