News ASML delivers 3rd generation EUV chipmaking tool for 2nm and beyond

DavidLejdar

Respectable
Sep 11, 2022
Nice! I have no clue, which company will make the most use of it. But among ETF savings plan running, I have one for semiconductors in general, sort of providing capital for the investments needed. And once I have a bit on the side, as a rainy day fund to be able to buy e.g. a new pair of shoes or a fridge (in pension, or earlier if for some reason unemployed), in a about a year or two, I might upgrade my HW with something from the Twinscan NXE:3800E.

Still waiting for some better innovations, which make use of improved technology though. Like, improved processors will likely show in improved versions of smartphones, tablets and laptops (and standalone AR/VR). But there is also the option to use e.g. a tablet to remote connect to own rig at home (over the internet). And in that context, it would be nice if there were some hand-held devices, which save a bit of money on the processing power, but have a top screen. That might not be a large market in regard to customers with a rig. But with improved internet connections, i.e. video game streaming may see some growth - and such a device could arguably help to keep the entry cost low (while also providing some workload for the upgraded data centers).