Mercurial

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

my com has 2 accounts, my own and the asp.net account installed by microsoft
..net 1.1 framework...i accidentally set the asp.net account to administrator
and my own default account as limited...so when i logged off and logged in
again...i can only access my default account, which is a limited account. so
how do i change my account back to administrator??

mercurial wrote:

> my com has 2 accounts, my own and the asp.net account installed by microsoft
> .net 1.1 framework...i accidentally set the asp.net account to administrator
> and my own default account as limited...so when i logged off and logged in
> again...i can only access my default account, which is a limited account. so
> how do i change my account back to administrator??
Hi,

Log on with the builtin Administrator user:

How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
Password Expires
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305

If you have a password issue, you might try to reset the local
Administrator password with one of the methods mentioned here
(you might need to create the boot cd/floppy on another computer):

http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Mercurial

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" wrote:

> mercurial wrote:
>
> > my com has 2 accounts, my own and the asp.net account installed by microsoft
> > .net 1.1 framework...i accidentally set the asp.net account to administrator
> > and my own default account as limited...so when i logged off and logged in
> > again...i can only access my default account, which is a limited account. so
> > how do i change my account back to administrator??
> Hi,
>
> Log on with the builtin Administrator user:
>
> How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
> Password Expires
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305
>

> If you have a password issue, you might try to reset the local
> Administrator password with one of the methods mentioned here
> (you might need to create the boot cd/floppy on another computer):
>
> http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password
>
> http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

> the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

before i changed my administrator account into limited, i only saw 3
accounts, one was my own administrator account, one a guest account (which
was off), and the other a password-protected ASP.NET MACHINE account, and
according to wad i have read, it only comes out after i installed the
microsoft .net framework. and i accidentally set the administrative rights on
this asp.net account...but i don't think i saw any built in admin user

mercurial wrote:

> "Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" wrote:
>>mercurial wrote:
>>
>>>my com has 2 accounts, my own and the asp.net account installed by microsoft
>>>.net 1.1 framework...i accidentally set the asp.net account to administrator
>>>and my own default account as limited...so when i logged off and logged in
>>>again...i can only access my default account, which is a limited account. so
>>>how do i change my account back to administrator??
>>
>>Log on with the builtin Administrator user:
>>
>>How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
>>Password Expires
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305
>>

>>If you have a password issue, you might try to reset the local
>>Administrator password with one of the methods mentioned here
>>(you might need to create the boot cd/floppy on another computer):
>>
>>http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password
>>
>>http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm
>
> before i changed my administrator account into limited, i only saw 3
> accounts, one was my own administrator account, one a guest account (which
> was off), and the other a password-protected ASP.NET MACHINE account, and
> according to wad i have read, it only comes out after i installed the
> microsoft .net framework. and i accidentally set the administrative rights on
> this asp.net account...but i don't think i saw any built in admin user
Hi,

It is present (it is impossible to delete the builtin Administrator
account). At least for WinXP Home, I think you need to boot into
Safe Mode to see/use it.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: